Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Mechanus Cog city in Blackmoor?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Starshade Posted - 03 Jul 2020 : 12:27:14
Someone once wrote, either in published form, or semi-published, an adventure where a deactivated mechanical city poses a threat. It's described as connected to Mechanus, and a fencing automaton suddenly remembering he used to be a prince, is the clue to start the adventure for the players.

It's obviously a bit "Steampunk" and typical of Dave Arnesons style. It also connects with City of the Gods as backstory, etc. Anyone know of what I seem to half remember?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Starshade Posted - 08 Jul 2020 : 22:35:58
ooh, yes! Thanks!
lookatroopa Posted - 03 Jul 2020 : 23:18:26
Sounds like you might be thinking of Dungeon #126's The Clockwork Fortress, by Wolfgang Baur.
Starshade Posted - 03 Jul 2020 : 14:18:24
No, this is not by Dave or in his original Blackmoor per se, but uses City of the Gods as a setpiece. Could be in a Mag, or something similar.
What I remember is an online reference to an Adventure, pictures of it, etc. It's a literal COG of Mechanus, which is the base of it. And it can produce robots, at a set rate, etc.
Ayrik Posted - 03 Jul 2020 : 14:04:17
Blackmoor did have "magic" items and features of otherworldly technological origin. I recall thinking at the time that it was basically a sort of callout to TSR's Gamma World RPG. I don't recall any mentions of Mechanus, although they seem likely - Mechanus has always been D&D's dumping ground for advanced machinery, "high" (steampunkish) technology, and constructs.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000