Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 NWN: EE

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gelcur Posted - 21 Feb 2018 : 07:44:34
Seems Beamdog is at it again.

This time they are working on NWN1, if nothing else they are fixing the issues with finding servers now that gamespy has closed down. It does looks like they have a good plan. Keep the game stable, support all existing mods, improve some graphics like character models. Currently there is a live beta you can sign up for via Beamdog and soon a steam beta will be starting.

Let hope this will lead to a resurgence in FR mini-MMO worlds that used to be hosted with NWN1 that NWN2 let down.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TKU Posted - 25 Nov 2021 : 07:08:25
Oh that's cool! Many good memories of this game and its sequel.
Fayne Posted - 24 Nov 2021 : 19:47:55
They released a new HD models and texture pack to update the look of the game.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/704450/view/3109168049657787421
BountyHunter Posted - 06 Feb 2019 : 12:06:29
I hope they do NWN 2 as well though. Be a shame not to have them all.

Heck, get the rights to Temple of Elemental Evil and do that one, too!
Gelcur Posted - 25 Feb 2018 : 06:41:04
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast

I wonder why they didn't just go straight to NWN2 EE. NWN2 has been around for quite some time too.

If I had to guess it was because NWN2 was a failure, this is coming from someone who played all the NWN2 official content and who was an NWN1 PW player for 6 or 7 years. When the game was released much of the community made the jump over to the new game but sadly none of the old content was usable. Most of the hard work on modules and PWs had to be scrapped. And support for the community seemed to never materialize, at least that was my take. Though the new toolset along with the updated engine allowed for far superior maps to be created it was much more difficult to use. This shows even in the official content that was created that seemed very limited in scope and story compared to the NWN1 modules.

This is all opinion, obviously, but I do feel it was the release of NWN2 that led to so many PWs and module makers disappearing. Making the change over just didn't happen or seemed like a step backwards, it was burdensome. I hope with NWN:EE is done right and we see the good old days make a come back.
moonbeast Posted - 23 Feb 2018 : 01:49:50
I wonder why they didn't just go straight to NWN2 EE. NWN2 has been around for quite some time too.
Taleras Posted - 22 Feb 2018 : 04:27:19
As someone who plays NWN currently and enjoys popping into some Persistent Worlds, I'm both excited and dismayed. I'm only dismayed because I will now feel tempted to purchase the EE and it will split populations for a time. I also haven't noticed any bugs that need fixing and there are some good PWs out there that are easily found without an updated MP system. I am excited because it hopefully will increase populations overall, and if it improves upon the game then that will certainly be another bonus.

Either way, it will be interesting to see how it goes!
Delwa Posted - 22 Feb 2018 : 00:16:50
Been following this myself. Can't wait for the Steam Beta.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000