Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Shades in Lords of Darkness and Halaster

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
barry r mace Posted - 28 Apr 2003 : 18:38:58
why are there only 10 princes of Shade listed and not 12, and who is Telemont Tanthuls wife?

New question.
Why was Halaster Blackcloak defeated so easily by the demon in the books Elminster in Hell and the Simbul not (i like Halaster) how old is he anyway?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Steven Schend Posted - 30 May 2004 : 19:29:01
quote:
Originally posted by Sarta

Were the fight to have been in Undermountain, I'm sure Halaster would have come out far better than even the Simbul against that demon.

Sarta

"I never understood the chronicler's concept of `home field advantage' in explaining one of his world's odd sporting events until he couched it comparing it to Halaster being inside or outside of Undermountain."
Khelben Arunsun

And yes, it was always intended that Halaster have the greatest home-field advantage of ANYONE, as usually only Mystra (or perhaps one of her daughters) might have any chance of overriding the controls he has in Undermountain.

Steven
Sarta Posted - 30 May 2004 : 08:14:06
Were the fight to have been in Undermountain, I'm sure Halaster would have come out far better than even the Simbul against that demon.

Sarta
The Simbul Posted - 30 May 2004 : 04:50:47
Telemont's wife is most likely Alashar Crywinds, who is briefly mentioned in Netheril: Arcane Age and ventured with him (along the shade enclave) into the Plane of Shadow during the last days of Netheril.

The Simbul has an ECL of 42 (Chosen of Mystra is a +10 LA) and has the Epic Spellcasting feat. She is also one of the seven daughters of the Goddess of Magic. On top of that, I cant really imagine how romantic or appealing it would have been for Elminster to be carried back to Toril in Halaster's arms
Edain Shadowstar Posted - 29 Apr 2003 : 00:52:04
Okay, I'll try and help out and answer some questions, first

quote:
Originally posted by barry r mace:

...who is Telemont Tanthuls wife?
I'll start with an easy one, we don't know. This is a fact that hasn't been mulled out in any sources yet. Considering the regard that is had for personal freedoms, I would put my money on some random concubine. In any case, it's just a fact we do not know.

quote:

Why are there only 10 princes of Shade listed and not 12?
Interesting question. There has been quite a bit of debate about this, in the past, over on the Wizards.com boards. Essentially, at least one Shade Prince is never mentioned by name in any source as I recall. I think one Prince not in Lords of Darkness was mentioned in The Return of the Archwizards.

quote:

...how old is he [Halaster] anyway?
Now, I don't have an exact age for him, but I know he settled in what is now Waterdeep around -1090 DR, which would make him 2,200-2,300 years in age. I think an approximate age was mentioned in some source, but I can't remember which. Possibly Ruins of the Undermountain I or II or one of the dungeon crawls. I'll so some more looking an get back to you if I find a best number.
Mournblade Posted - 29 Apr 2003 : 00:06:17
The SIMBUL has alot of power. SHe is actually a couple levels higher than Hallaster.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000