Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Kickstarter projects of interest to Realms fans

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Jan 2013 : 16:51:00
This is a scroll dedicated to Kickstarter projects that may be of interest to Candlekeep scribes.

There are a few rules about the projects discussed herein:

1. Shared Kickstarter projects must be either role-playing game material, or something closely related to role-playing games, like miniatures or MMOs clearly based on a published role-playing game.

2. All Kickstarter projects listed will be checked out by moderators, who will remove anything they do not feel meets rule 1.

3. No Kickstarter projects shared here will violate the copyright or intellectual property of any other group/author/company, nor will any shared Kickstarter projects be of questionable legality. If it's not properly clear as to whether these criteria are being met, it is required that the posting scribe discuss the possibility of posting a potential Kickstarter link with Moderators beforehand.

Edit: Banished a long-lurking typo. Begone!
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sleyvas Posted - 30 May 2023 : 21:09:44
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I don't like all of the Midgard stuff (I especially can't stand their deliberate vagueness on deities), but there's a lot of it that is very interesting. I especially like Per Bastet, and I'd be quick to drop a catslide alley someplace to bring the PCs there.

KP also has some good stuff on ley lines, and Ed has said ley lines exist in the Realms.

Yeah, I did like their concept of leylines
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 May 2023 : 18:46:26
I don't like all of the Midgard stuff (I especially can't stand their deliberate vagueness on deities), but there's a lot of it that is very interesting. I especially like Per Bastet, and I'd be quick to drop a catslide alley someplace to bring the PCs there.

KP also has some good stuff on ley lines, and Ed has said ley lines exist in the Realms.
Steven Schend Posted - 27 May 2023 : 16:25:59
quote:

The Tales of the Valiant Kickstarter has launched and is already fully funded.

quote:
Tales of the Valiant (ToV) keeps all the best of 5E D&D and adds a Kobold Press spin to the well-loved game. It combines the Creative Commons foundation of 5th Edition with new elements to create a powerful Kobold-style 5E with teeth.

While I've not been a 5E player or GM much at all, Kobold Press has always been producing phenomenal stuff that's easily ported and used with the Realms. I'm a backer of this and their last book on City Campaign Construction.

Now back to the work I need to do…

Steven
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 May 2023 : 22:55:10
The Tales of the Valiant Kickstarter has launched and is already fully funded.

quote:
Tales of the Valiant (ToV) keeps all the best of 5E D&D and adds a Kobold Press spin to the well-loved game. It combines the Creative Commons foundation of 5th Edition with new elements to create a powerful Kobold-style 5E with teeth.

There's also a free preview you can download; it includes:

"4 core classes, including Fighter, Priest, Rogue, and Wizard
Arcane Traditions including Battle Mage and Cantrip Adept
Divine Domains including Life and War
Fighter Disciplines including Spell Blade and Weapon Master
Roguish Specialities including Enforcer and Thief
Lineages and heritages including elves, dwarves, humans, and beastkin
Backgrounds to define why your hero seeks adventure
A sampling of spells from various Circles of power
The Talent and Luck systems for expanded game options and
8 new and familiar creatures to challenge heroes! "
Wooly Rupert Posted - 24 Nov 2022 : 16:15:45
Back in those long ago days when TSR was frantically pumping out material and Dragon Magazine was still in print, I was an avid reader of the magazine.

I frequently saw ads in there for the game Space: 1889. At that time, I was something of a purist, for D&D: if it wasn't TSR, it wasn't worth paying attention to. And I'd never encountered anything remotely like steampunk (with the exception of Jules Verne), so those ads looked ridiculous to me. I didn't ponder the game or anything, I just turned the page and looked at something else.

Now there's a Space 1889: After - 5e / Empyrean Steampunk RPG Kickstarter.

quote:
Everything Jules Verne could have written....

Everything H.G. Wells should have written....

Everything A. Conan Doyle thought but never published because it was too fantastic!

Space 1889: After makes it a reality!

Space 1889: After is the next iteration of Space 1889—the popular steampunk tabletop game—with new rules, new possibilities, and new stories to tell.

The Victorian Age in Space 1889 was marked by astounding discoveries that opened the strange, inhabited worlds of Mars and Venus to exploration and colonization. Space 1889: After takes place ten years later, after war and disaster separated the worlds for a time. Now, adventurers must risk the perils of space to explore other worlds and fight new enemies that lurk in the ether.

I quite dig the steampunk, now, so I'm backing this one at the pdf level. I'm going for the 5E version because I've naever heard of the Empyrean rules and I think I'd have a better chance of getting into a game with the more common ruleset.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Nov 2022 : 18:56:46
quote:

quote:

Monty Python's Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme

It is now a live Kickstarter, and it's already at $800k of a $200k goal.

I pledged at the Less Sensible Middle Class Bundle level.

Edit: they're now more than a million dollars past their $200k goal...

Over 1.9 million dollars on a $200k goal. Not the most impressive one I've seen, but still quite impressive.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Oct 2022 : 15:58:01
I just saw this one; the name is what caught my eye.

Unfortunately, there's only a few days left on it.

Anansi's Tapestry of Lives

quote:
320+ pages! 100+ illustrated NPCs paired with voice-acted monologues. Includes stat blocks, magic items, side quests, vtt tokens, more!

quote:
Written By Some of Your Favorite D&D/TTRPG Creators!

Anansi’s Tapestry of Lives is a 320+ page compendium built around over 100 fully illustrated unique and useful NPCs. Each NPC is paired with a professionally voice acted monologue to kick of the action and delight you and your players. We include loads of stat blocks, magic items, roll tables, inventories, story tables, and side quests!

While all of our mechanics are compatible with D&D 5th Edition, Anansi's content is primarily story-driven, making it suitable for any other fantasy tabletop roleplaying game. With stretch goals, we could hit 360+ pages!

Anansi’s Tapestry of Lives was created by Game Masters for Game Masters.

Anansi the Wanderer. All stories are Anansi’s stories.

Whether you’re using homebrew or a published adventure, you likely have your main characters at your fingertips. Anansi’s Tapestry of Lives fills in the blanks by populating the rest of your world with beautifully illustrated and richly detailed personalities - all with their own backstory, personality, goal, and quirk.

Way More Than Just a Name, Race, and Class

So often, NPC write ups leave you filling in huge blanks. That's too much stress and prep, leaving you with less time and energy for fun! That's why all of the 100+ professionally illustrated NPCs give you the information you need to keep your players immersed in the game and having fun!

From detailed descriptions, to stat blocks, to magic items, inventories, story tables, and even adventures, Anansi's Tapestry of Lives has your game prep covered!

Want a sample to play test? Download your 43 Page Sample PDF FREE!

(Draft copy: content, art, box text, etc, is not yet finalized or may be pending)

We give you loads of interesting and useful background characters. When your players become fascinated by the threadbare stablehand caring for their mounts or want to know more about the local dwarven blacksmith, you don’t have to come up with a backstory or personality on the fly - just explore the pages of Anansi's Tapestry of Lives to discover all the details you need!

The main pages lists these contributors: Keith Baker, Jasmine Bhullar, Jim Zub, Tanya DePass, Ed Greenwood. There's a couple names on that list I'm not familiar with, but I'm sure everyone here knows at least one or two of them.

I downloaded that preview sample, and there are a lot more writers listed there. And I was impressed by what I saw in that preview.

The KS page also included a Tweet from Matt Mercer, who appears to be impressed with the project. And while I've not paid attention to stuff he's done, I know he's another popular name in D&D.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Oct 2022 : 04:44:08
quote:

Monty Python's Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme

It is now a live Kickstarter, and it's already at $800k of a $200k goal.

I pledged at the Less Sensible Middle Class Bundle level.

Edit: they're now more than a million dollars past their $200k goal...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Sep 2022 : 17:28:01
Okay, so this one isn't live yet... But we are getting an official Monty Python RPG!

Monty Python's Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme (The link to the not-yet-active Kickstarter)

And some info...

Official Monty Python RPG catapults onto Kickstarter next month - exclusive

quote:
An official Monty Python tabletop RPG is coming to Kickstarter next month, Dicebreaker can exclusively reveal.

Monty Python’s Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme, as literally no-one will call it, draws from the British comedy troupe’s entire back catalogue of TV shows, movies, live performances and music albums, from Flying Circus to Holy Grail and Life of Brian.

As you might expect, it’s Monty Python and the Holy Grail that serves as the key inspiration for Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme’s mock-medieval world, with players setting out on epic quests in a Middle Ages Britain - albeit with a heavy dose of Pythonesque absurdity.

The RPG will couple its setting with an original gameplay system said to be rules-light and designed for one-shot sessions and shorter campaigns.

Replacing the stock classes seen in the likes of Dungeons & Dragons are “situations” inspired by Python’s roster of ridiculous on-screen characters, varying from oppressed peasants, ne'er-do-wells, monks, nuns and troubadours to knights, clerics, magical enchanters, nobles and royalty.

These character situations determine and combine with five traits, drawn from a list of 20 defining attributes including glibness, musicianship, sorcery, valour, wisdom, the ways of science, chastity and humility. Each character also begins the game with an item picked from their situation’s starting selection.

As players encounter tests, they’ll roll using a die - from a d4 to a d20 - determined by how “silly” or “serious” the relevant trait’s current level is. Rolling critical hits or fails will shift the trait towards either end of the scale, as well as triggering ‘dire consequences’ on a random roll table with predictably surreal outcomes - including the chance for characters to be abducted by aliens, arrested or just plain killed.

In place of a trait, players can instead be accompanied by a member of their retinue - a companion or mount - who can be helpfully thrown in the way of danger or replace a player’s character if they do come to an unfortunate end, something said to be a regular occurrence. Or, y’know, they might just bang some coconuts together.

One player controls each session as the Head of Light Entertainment, standing in for the traditional RPG game master as a mixture of demanding television producer and overly-enthusiastic teacher. The Head of Light Entertainment is assigned one of 20 different personalities, from a sports fanatic or stuffy historian to a Member of Parliament, which can influence their decisions and trigger further dire consequences in response to the players’ actions. The Head of Light Entertainment can receive complaint letters as the result of some consequences, with the risk of replaced by another persona if things steer too far off course.

Alongside its clear Holy Grail homage, the RPG’s pseudo-medieval setting is replete with references to other Monty Python sketches and characters that form a combined Pythonverse, be it the world’s religion of Brianism - spawned by Life of Brian’s accidental Christ figure - or a medieval precursor to the Spanish Inquisition.

In an exclusive interview with Dicebreaker, Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme designers Brian Saliba and Craig Schaffer insisted that the RPG would offer more than Yet Another Monty Python Quoteathon around the table.

“What we were adamant [about] is it can't just be replication of scenes from the movies and TV shows,” said Saliba. “It's more a matter of providing a toolbox of stuff that people can create stories that feel very Monty Python without recreating scenes.”

Alongside details on character creation and the game’s original system, the RPG’s core rulebook will include pre-made adventures, a bestiary and a set of roll tables to help players randomly generate elements of the world and quests.

Also mentioned is a “backgammon-based minigame that involves dice catapults and farm animals”, named - what else - Fetchez la Vache.

Publisher Exalted Funeral will launch a Kickstarter campaign for Monty Python’s Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme in October. Among the add-ons offered through the crowdfunding campaign will be a set of Fetchez la Vache dice catapults.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Apr 2022 : 16:05:55
I like one of the minis from the Core Set, Tara. And maybe one or two of those Graveknights in the translucent plastic. That's it, thus far.

...And unless there's some option to get them separately, my money will not be going to this Kickstarter.
sleyvas Posted - 02 Apr 2022 : 15:26:12
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/bones-6-tales-from-the-green-griffin

Reaper is doing its sixth kickstarter. Not sure that I'm interested this year, as I have minis from 4 of these kickstarters, but I will keep my eye on it for anything that catches my interest. I do think its interesting that one of the things is basically a bar. For someone though that ISN'T overloaded to hell with minis, this is usually one of the better kickstarters to get a LOT of minis for your money.

I'm not a minis person, so I'm just watching that one to see if there are any add-ons I like.

From one of the previous ones, I got a single add-on, and that was it: the "disapproving finger" spell effect.

Yeah, that's kind of where I am. Of the whole core set as it stands at this moment, nothing catches my eye other than one where there's a guy riding what appears to be a young gold dragon (called Roderic and Glitter) and a skeletal warrior on a throne, which I already have in metal, called Dragoth. If they add more minis on thrones, I might get the core set, as it could be used to make some interesting themed chess sets (i.e. skeletal chess set with skeletal leaders, vampire chess set, barbarian chess set, etc...).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Apr 2022 : 01:43:22
quote:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/bones-6-tales-from-the-green-griffin

Reaper is doing its sixth kickstarter. Not sure that I'm interested this year, as I have minis from 4 of these kickstarters, but I will keep my eye on it for anything that catches my interest. I do think its interesting that one of the things is basically a bar. For someone though that ISN'T overloaded to hell with minis, this is usually one of the better kickstarters to get a LOT of minis for your money.

I'm not a minis person, so I'm just watching that one to see if there are any add-ons I like.

From one of the previous ones, I got a single add-on, and that was it: the "disapproving finger" spell effect.
sleyvas Posted - 01 Apr 2022 : 23:38:58

Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Mar 2022 : 00:47:06
Just realized this one has somehow gone unmentioned... This one is focused on novels, but it's from an author who is popular among the RPG crowd, and there's an RPG based on some of his books, so...

Surprise! Four Secret Novels by Brandon Sanderson

quote:
Over the last two years, a group of ideas wormed their way into my brain and I found I couldn't let them go. Despite all of my other obligations, I had to write these stories. So I squeezed them in during moments of free time, crafting four brand new novels. I'm extremely proud of them, as each represents some new aspect of storytelling that has forced me to grow in an interesting way. Each also takes you to someplace new, original, and vibrant. Three of these are Cosmere books taking place on new worlds, and the other one is something completely different.

I'd love to go for the "Year of Sanderson" level, myself, but that's cost-prohibitive to me.

The original goal of this Kickstarter was $1,000,000, but it blew several times past that on the first day, and is at over $34M now.

I've read the Mistborn books, and they were amazing. I've read the first two books of the Stormlight Archive, as well, and very much enjoyed them.

Not much time left on this Kickstarter; sorry for not sharing it sooner.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Oct 2021 : 04:51:46
This one went live today, and is already funded almost three times over...

Planebreaker—Explore the Planes for 5e

quote:
Explore exotic alternate planes with this 5e tome from legendary RPG designers Bruce Cordell, Sean Reynolds, and Monte Cook.

quote:
Path of the Planebreaker is a sourcebook for 5th edition players and GMs that presents you with the wonders, terrors, mysteries, and treasures of dozens and dozens of new alternate worlds—plus the inexplicable Planebreaker itself. It includes a bestiary of planar creatures and new planar class options for players to their campaigns, as well as new subclasses, feats, spells, and player character species options.

Monte Cook Games has gotten a lot of my gaming dollars, for a while, now, and much of it has been via Kickstarter. I also have a lot of respect for Sean K Reynolds. This isn't Planescape and it's not Wizards giving it to us, but it looks like a good alternative (or possibly something complimentary to Planescape), and I have much greater faith in MCG than I do in WotC.

I've already backed this one.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Sep 2021 : 01:27:36
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

As Ed is involved with this one (and so am I tentatively), I figure I ought to share this link on its launch day.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dragorigames/tanares-rpg?ref=jj47lc&fbclid=IwAR3l9WEtDcsJni1gXSCRMXwKNjmqW3gbMudqQuoYyQnbYeu1nP-pVQyw_yw

It's already past half a million so it's met its funding goals; for those who like really intricate or just huge miniatures, be sure to pledge today so you get the astounding miniature dragon.

Steven

The dragon looks really cool... But I don't like the way they did that offer. "Order any pledge tier higher than $70 to get this HUGE dragon mini for FREE!" -- and their listed tiers go from a $69 one to a $129 one, with nothing in between. So it's not "higher than $70", it's $129 or more.

I find that kind of thing questionable.

It otherwise looks like some really cool stuff, but man, that "get a great deal on this mini but not really" thing really bugs me.
Steven Schend Posted - 31 Aug 2021 : 19:26:07
As Ed is involved with this one (and so am I tentatively), I figure I ought to share this link on its launch day.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dragorigames/tanares-rpg?ref=jj47lc&fbclid=IwAR3l9WEtDcsJni1gXSCRMXwKNjmqW3gbMudqQuoYyQnbYeu1nP-pVQyw_yw

It's already past half a million so it's met its funding goals; for those who like really intricate or just huge miniatures, be sure to pledge today so you get the astounding miniature dragon.

Steven
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Aug 2021 : 17:41:13
I have backed another Kickstarter.

XDM: X-treme Dungeon Mastery, 2nd Edition

quote:
XDM: X-treme Dungeon Mastery, by Tracy and Curtis Hickman, hailed as "the cure for the common game¹," is a tabletop role-playing supplement designed to improve every RPG you play. First published in 2009, it's high time for a second edition. We've brought back the original creative team for a fresh round of edits, expansions, illustrations, and much more.

This project will cover the costs of that second edition, which will be bigger and better than the first, and if we reach our stretch goals, some of those betterments will become battlements, and we'll throw really cool digital downloads into the mix.

If you'd like a 3rd party review of the original book Professor Dungeon Master of DungeonCraft has this excellent video review.

quote:
¹ By the authors, and the publisher, and some of their friends.

I picked up the original copy of this book at GenCon, several years back. It's a system-agnostic book of tips for the DM -- and it's freaking hilarious (as in, Tasslehoff/Zifnab/Simkin hilarious). I'd say it's worth reading even if you don't DM.

My copy was signed by Tracy Hickman himself, who wrote in there that I gained a level. Sadly, my DM did not accept that, saying he'd only allow it if we were playing in Dragonlance.

I'm going for print and pdf on this one, myself.
keftiu Posted - 01 Jul 2021 : 07:02:21
I think this looks really, really promising for injecting some Dark Sun flavor into 5e, and they just hit a stretch goal to offer some Spelljamer-y content as well: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webdm/worlds-of-web-dm-weird-wastelands
Brimstone Posted - 01 Jul 2021 : 06:59:36
I backed this Kickstarter today.

It's an OSR project. I first saw it at enworld

Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Apr 2021 : 01:45:21
I downloaded it, but I was barely awake at the time, and forgot about it until just now.
sleyvas Posted - 30 Apr 2021 : 01:04:51
quote:

Despite not having a single piercing or tattoo, I like the idea of magical tattoos... So this one, also mentioned in that same ENWorld article, caught my eye and is getting some of my gaming dollars.

They've also got a nice sample available for download.

Tome of Mystical Tattoos for 5e

quote:
Hi folks! It's taken a while and a little bit of courage but I've decided to try and release a fully-illustrated compendium of all the magic tattoos I have created over my time DMing for my parties. Magic tattoos are special in that they allow you an extra level of character customization (look that much more badass) while simultaneously granting you unique and interesting abilities (be that much more badass)! Why not give it a shot, right? There will be more than 120+ illustrated, never-before-seen, and functional magic tattoos, with much more to come depending on the stretch goals we reach!

The tattoos will also all be tweaked to be more in line with the ones being introduced to us in recent 5e releases. All the tats you'll find in this book will have some amazing flavor of their own, which will set them apart from the limited selection of existing magic tattoos and the large pool of magic items already out there!

For one, all the magic tattoos you will find in this book are tailored to work in tandem with specific body parts! For example, tattoos like the Soaring Tattoo will grant you majestic inky wings when applied on your back (and only your back)! The Tome of Mystical Tattoos will also show you exactly how each beautiful tattoo would look on the optimal limbs alongside a detailed flat sketch for a clear view of all the designs. Beautiful full-page illustrations are also in the works showcasing the wide variety, utility, and power of the tattoos within this compendium.

Hey Wooly, I just saw that they released this yesterday. I was just curious if you downloaded it yet. I was damned surprised, because its 290 pages long. I honestly didn't expect to get so much bang for my buck. It has some interesting ideas too, like flaming ink (illusory type flames). My mind immediately went raunchy with that, but it would be pretty awesome in regular uses too.
keftiu Posted - 03 Mar 2021 : 07:58:59
Coyote and Crow looks killer, and having Native writers on it is cool as hell.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Mar 2021 : 04:56:45
I stumbled across an announcement of this one a few weeks ago, and now it's live.

I like alt-history and alt-future stuff, and I've long had a casual interest in Native American culture and history (I've actually got a bit of Native blood, myself, though not enough to count for anything -- a couple generations too far back for it to count).

Given that this one coincides with a couple of my interests and sounds interesting, I'm in.

Coyote & Crow the Role Playing Game

quote:
A science fiction and fantasy tabletop RPG set in a near-future where the Americas were never colonized, created by a team of Natives.

Coyote and Crow is a tabletop role playing game set in an alternate future of the Americas where colonization never occurred. Instead, advanced civilizations arose over hundreds of years after a massive climate disaster changed the history of the planet. You'll play as adventurers starting out in the city of Cahokia, a bustling, diverse metropolis along the Mississippi River. It's a world of science and spirituality where the future of technology and legends of the past will collide.

The game is created and led by a team of Native Americans representing more than a dozen tribes and we've built a game that both Natives and non-Natives will thrill to explore and build upon.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Jan 2021 : 05:19:46
Owlbear Plush

It's an owlbear plushie. I got an email on it because I've backed a couple of their other Kickstarters.

This one is not my cup of tea, but I figure some other folks might like it.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Jan 2021 : 19:55:38
quote:

Since I'm not a minis enthusiast, that Reaper Bones KS has thus far failed to grab me. There were add-ons with the last one that I liked and went for, but thus far, there's only a couple of minis I like, and none of them are in the add-ons.

I did wind up backing that one, at the $1 level, so I could get a chance at the add-ons. And there was exactly one add-on I liked... I believe it was called the Disapproving Hand; it's like a Bigby's Hand spell, except it has a single upthrust finger. Guess which finger?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Jan 2021 : 19:37:45
So this Kickstarter wound up doing rather well. Initial ask was CA$3000, they got CA$137,587. I'll wager that the creator is now a happy camper indeed!

quote:

Despite not having a single piercing or tattoo, I like the idea of magical tattoos... So this one, also mentioned in that same ENWorld article, caught my eye and is getting some of my gaming dollars.

quote:
Hi folks! It's taken a while and a little bit of courage but I've decided to try and release a fully-illustrated compendium of all the magic tattoos I have created over my time DMing for my parties. Magic tattoos are special in that they allow you an extra level of character customization (look that much more badass) while simultaneously granting you unique and interesting abilities (be that much more badass)! Why not give it a shot, right? There will be more than 120+ illustrated, never-before-seen, and functional magic tattoos, with much more to come depending on the stretch goals we reach!

The tattoos will also all be tweaked to be more in line with the ones being introduced to us in recent 5e releases. All the tats you'll find in this book will have some amazing flavor of their own, which will set them apart from the limited selection of existing magic tattoos and the large pool of magic items already out there!

For one, all the magic tattoos you will find in this book are tailored to work in tandem with specific body parts! For example, tattoos like the Soaring Tattoo will grant you majestic inky wings when applied on your back (and only your back)! The Tome of Mystical Tattoos will also show you exactly how each beautiful tattoo would look on the optimal limbs alongside a detailed flat sketch for a clear view of all the designs. Beautiful full-page illustrations are also in the works showcasing the wide variety, utility, and power of the tattoos within this compendium.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Jan 2021 : 16:33:43
quote:

quote:

Thanks Wooly. I'm like you and don't have a single tattoo myself. At first my thoughts were that "they just released several of these and the concept in Tasha's book", but I saw he's also providing all kinds of pictures to go along with them. Given my interest in red wizards and my interest in playing with painting 3d minis virtually.... I can play with applying tattoos as stickers virtually on someone for fun. They have a version that's in $18 in Canadian dollars which apparently is only like $15 USD... so its not horrible in cost.

I kinda want to get a tattoo that's some Chinese characters, and when someone asks what it says, I tell them it's either a Sun Tzu or Confucius quote... But it would actually say "I can't read Chinese."

Little far to go for a joke, though.

On topic, given how the Red Wizards love their tattoos, I can totally see them going for some of these.
sleyvas Posted - 08 Jan 2021 : 14:35:25
quote:

Thanks Wooly. I'm like you and don't have a single tattoo myself. At first my thoughts were that "they just released several of these and the concept in Tasha's book", but I saw he's also providing all kinds of pictures to go along with them. Given my interest in red wizards and my interest in playing with painting 3d minis virtually.... I can play with applying tattoos as stickers virtually on someone for fun. They have a version that's in $18 in Canadian dollars which apparently is only like $15 USD... so its not horrible in cost.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 08 Jan 2021 : 13:04:32
Working for me!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000