Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Greetings!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Avix Posted - 16 Mar 2013 : 19:22:22
Greetings fellow citizens of the Forgotten Realms. I am a longtime fan of this D&D setting, I love the games (especially Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale). I've recently decided to check out the various novels in the FR world.

Moving on, I've a question for you all. I've seen a few so called Reading orders on several sites (candlekeep.com included) but I'm thinking on reading the books in the order of publication. Do any of you encourage/advise/discourage it? Will it mix up the lore or otherwise jumble the continuity of the books?

Thanks for any answers you may give me

PS. I'm currently reading through book 3 of the Moonshae trilogy and lovin' it so far :)

Avix
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Masked Mage Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 06:54:49
Welcome good sir. Welcome aboard :)
Alruane Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 04:36:16
Hail and welcome to Candlekeep, Avix!
Dennis Posted - 15 Apr 2013 : 14:36:19

Welcome to Candlekeep, Avix!
artificial_sunlight Posted - 17 Mar 2013 : 13:09:25
Welcome, there are some great sites with all the published novels. On candlekeep, o-love.net, the FR wikia and Wizards.com I am working on a document that includes them all with publication dates, series, dates of the stories and much more. The list is not finished but I started on Darkwalker so you should have lots of usable info. The download link is below, its a excel document.

Cheers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B67inKVTk0XOZG92SklZT05yS0U/edit?usp=sharing
Artemas Entreri Posted - 16 Mar 2013 : 20:53:04
Welcome to Candleleep Avix!
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 16 Mar 2013 : 20:22:15
Well met and welcome to the forums, Avix.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Mar 2013 : 20:03:17
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!
Avix Posted - 16 Mar 2013 : 19:45:06
Thanks Kentinal :) Could you direct me to a place where I can find all new releases in the FR world (novels mainly).
Kentinal Posted - 16 Mar 2013 : 19:39:31
Welcome, as to reading order I would offer idea of timeline. Though have read few of thoose so my advice is limited.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000