Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Interview with Ed Greenwood

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord of Bones Posted - 18 Dec 2012 : 21:24:01
Hello all!

Long time lurker here. I recently conducted an interview with Ed for my YouTube channel - The Gentleman's Guide to Gaming. It's a lengthy one, but there's some excellent realmslore in there. I've handily time-stamped segments so you can jump straight to parts that interest you.

http://youtu.be/7G3uMX4ZxpU

Of interest to a good few of you will be the part on the Dark Three...

My sincerest thanks to Ed for the opportunity to interview him. It was great fun!

Matthew (The Gentleman Gamer)
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
farinal Posted - 27 Dec 2012 : 00:46:08
This was a great video thank you for the interview. I will probably watch it again since there are great stuff of lore in it and I really like Ed as a speaker/narrater when he talks about Weave and stuff. Waiting for a second interview with Ed!
questing gm Posted - 26 Dec 2012 : 06:06:18
I was able to listen to the interview thanks to the efforts of a very kind scribe!

I'm really glad to have listen to it, especially knowing what Ed thought about the place of the gods that he envisioned in his Realms.

Ed's mention of Malaysia (in the analogy about planting tomatoes in the garden) had me grinning like an idiot, when I was listening to it on the train.
Lord of Bones Posted - 22 Dec 2012 : 09:03:04
I'm quite happy with anyone downloading the video and posting it somewhere in audio format for Questing GM, although I don't have any hosting facility for it.
questing gm Posted - 21 Dec 2012 : 10:33:51
Would it be possible to post a downloadable audio version of this interview? YouTube is blocked at work and the streaming speed at home in my country is too slow to load a 2 hour video without taking 2 days.

Would really love to hear this on my weekly hour-long commute home.
Jorkens Posted - 21 Dec 2012 : 07:28:35
Thank you for posting this. I am listening to it now.
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 21 Dec 2012 : 06:15:12
Very glad to hear Ed's writing more web content for WotC and more Eye on the Realms articles.
The Sage Posted - 21 Dec 2012 : 00:41:22
I had intended on viewing this at work, but I don't think I can explain a two-hour break from coding with watching an interview with Ed Greenwood.

I'll watch it at home on the weekend.
Kris the Grey Posted - 20 Dec 2012 : 20:41:41
Fantastic stuff! Thank you for the interview, for posting it, and to Ed for giving it. I particularly enjoyed the glimpse into the aforementioned basement lair...Lol.

Now if I only could make out where the portal is in that basement...I didn't see a giant wardrobe...hmmmm...
MrHedgehog Posted - 20 Dec 2012 : 01:00:10
Two and a half hours?? Wow he's dedicated! I am going to watch this later though since I am writing an essay...
Aldrick Posted - 20 Dec 2012 : 00:45:17
Loved the interview; watched it all.

I'm glad to see that Ed and I share similar tastes where it comes to likes and dislikes about the setting. It makes me even more confident of the future when it comes to 5E.
Arcanus Posted - 19 Dec 2012 : 23:33:15
Nice interview, thanks.

It did keep me awake until 2.30 am watching it though! Lol
Razz Posted - 19 Dec 2012 : 23:20:35
Interesting. I skimmed it, will have to listen to the whole thing another time, but I did agree on one thing Ed mentioned. He didn't like how close to real-world analogues that Maztica and Kara-Tur were. Which is true. I didn't know questions were being taken for this interview because I would've loved to ask Ed if either he or WotC were ever going to make moves to push more lore for Maztica/Zhakara/Kara-Tur and the other continents?
Bladewind Posted - 19 Dec 2012 : 23:10:45
Thanks for this excellent gift. Sincerely.

Love Eds explenation on the workings of the weave on other planes. Carrying a weave bubble around at all times to tap into the magic of a world makes so much sense to me now, and it is visually pleasing to my minds eye as well. Planar effects (be they chaotic, elemental or radiant) might be represented interacting (in)visibly with such a energy tapping bubble, giving clues to experienced planeswalkers or mages what spells are being cast or tampered with. Love Ed's thinking.
Markustay Posted - 19 Dec 2012 : 17:13:44
LOL - maybe it will be Elminster in Golarion.

(Just making a joke based on how he says all they {WotC} will ever let him write is Elminster novels).
Hawkins Posted - 19 Dec 2012 : 16:50:56
I am quite excited about Ed's upcoming Pathfinder Tales novel, whatever it may be. Also, Ed describes exactly the type of Realms fan I am approximately 31 minutes into the interview!
Markustay Posted - 19 Dec 2012 : 03:31:52
Nice. Thank you for that.

You made the classic "let me tell you about my character" (Eveningstar) faux pas, but that is a gamer tradition, I suppose.

The Flash Gordon 'RPG' (and I use that term very hesitantly) was made by FGU - the company I once worked for. It was disappointing for everyone involved, because the owners of the IP insisted it follow the stories precisely, which left out most of the actual RPG elements. Still, it was a great resource for someone wanting to run a real FG RPG using another set of rules. It was one of the many things I lost last year (I had every FGU product ever made).

Lionmen and Hawkmen - I feel you there. Gotta love that old-school cheese.

Great interview - lotsa good info.
Dalor Darden Posted - 19 Dec 2012 : 02:24:10
Thank you very much for this!
George Krashos Posted - 19 Dec 2012 : 01:44:59
I don't know where I'll find the time but this is a must tonight.

-- George Krashos
rjfras Posted - 19 Dec 2012 : 00:25:53
holy crap! I certainly was not expecting a 2 and a half hour interview with Ed

I'm only 15 minutes into the interview.... back to listening...
Lord of Bones Posted - 18 Dec 2012 : 21:32:12
Thank you for saying so!
The Hooded One Posted - 18 Dec 2012 : 21:26:44
Ah, you cornered Ed in his basement writing lair, I see. Tidiest I've ever seen it.
Great interview. You're a very pleasant interviewer, Matthew. Bravo!
love,
THO

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000