Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Backdrop Suzail(DDI)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brimstone Posted - 13 Jan 2012 : 09:35:33
Backdrop Suzail

Guess I have to subscribe...
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 15 Jan 2012 : 03:12:08
quote:
Originally posted by Galadhion

Hello all!

I'm glad you are finding the article useful. I got a lot of help from Brian Cortijo, Brian James, and Ed when putting this article together. All the good stuff in there is due to them.

When I wrote the article, I was using the FR sourcebooks and the Volo's Guides as my inspiration. In brief, you'll find the following in the article: an overview of the city (including its government, military, and justice), an entire section dedicated to the prominent noble families in the city, a discussion of trade, the major temples, and the culture of the city (including festivals, fashion, and nightlife). The article concludes with a description of the significant locations in the city as well as some adventure ideas.

Eric

Welcome to the Keep Eric!
Galadhion Posted - 14 Jan 2012 : 19:53:11
Hello all!

I'm glad you are finding the article useful. I got a lot of help from Brian Cortijo, Brian James, and Ed when putting this article together. All the good stuff in there is due to them.

When I wrote the article, I was using the FR sourcebooks and the Volo's Guides as my inspiration. In brief, you'll find the following in the article: an overview of the city (including its government, military, and justice), an entire section dedicated to the prominent noble families in the city, a discussion of trade, the major temples, and the culture of the city (including festivals, fashion, and nightlife). The article concludes with a description of the significant locations in the city as well as some adventure ideas.

Eric
Matt James Posted - 14 Jan 2012 : 13:55:37
I often tout what other Realms designers and I create. But we're no salesman. We don't get commissions if you go and get a sub. All one needs to do is compare the Realms articles against their contemporaries and you'll see the oozing Realmslore yumminess! If someone goes and catalogs all of the digital Realms products from DDI, you'll find it is well worth the investment :)
crazedventurers Posted - 14 Jan 2012 : 10:25:12
Thanks both - looks like I might have to consider a one month sub then

Cheers

Damian
The Sage Posted - 14 Jan 2012 : 02:11:56
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

IMO YES!

To reinforce Brimstone's excited support, I'll merely add that the section on the nobility is worth the price of the article alone.

Emmarasks... Woot!
Brimstone Posted - 14 Jan 2012 : 02:02:57
IMO YES!

crazedventurers Posted - 14 Jan 2012 : 01:04:25
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

I bit the bullet and subscribed for a year...

Without overstepping the bounds of the code of conduct as to what you reveal - are this and the other articles worth the money Brimstone?

Cheers

Damain
Brimstone Posted - 13 Jan 2012 : 15:52:03
I bit the bullet and subscribed for a year...
The Sage Posted - 13 Jan 2012 : 15:01:27
Your subscription will be well worth it.

This is an amazing article. Lots of nifty lore for both the city and its inhabitants. It's the kind of write-up that reminds me of the old city articles in the printed DRAGON.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000