Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Upcoming Pathfinder Project by Brian R James!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hawkins Posted - 24 Oct 2011 : 16:32:48
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James on Google+

Submitted the final draft of my first assignment for Paizo. It was quite a change of pace switching from being a Forgotten Realms loremaster to a Golarion neophyte, but I think I did the Pathfinder setting proud. Coming in 2012!

I can't wait to learn more about this!
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Hooded One Posted - 10 Dec 2011 : 16:46:10
Indeed. I tried to ahem, weasel some information out of Ed about this one, and did manage to ascertain that he'd seen the draft text - and is "VERY pleased and excited."
But when I pressed him for more, he just grinned and sang the NDA Song ("Maiden, fair maiden, will you come out to play?/Nay, my charms remain hidden behind this NDA!/Lord oh so handsome, will you please speak to me?/I'd love to, truly, but my tongue is not free/Old sage, share you your wisdom so great?/Nay, I'll ruin your surprises with each word I prate" . . . and so on.
As Ed told me once, about another Realms product: there are things in every Realms release that someone doesn't like. But they are few, against a host of very useful and enjoyable lore about the world we all love.
And speaking of which...
love,
THO
Matt James Posted - 10 Dec 2011 : 04:56:35
Markustay, it's probably best to wait for the product to come out first. The whole judging the book by cover thing and all ;)

It looks to me like a placeholder.
Brimstone Posted - 30 Nov 2011 : 03:43:37
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Lest anyone think I’ve jumped ship, don’t be too hasty.

For those that may not be aware, I'm currently leading the design of a new Realms sourcebook due out next summer.

Golarion is a fantastic setting, but the Forgotten Realms will always be my first love.

Thats why I posted this in this scroll...
Markustay Posted - 29 Nov 2011 : 21:01:00
It gets too much attention, though. Technically, its just a minor city. If Drizzt wasn't from there, we probably would have never heard of it. I still can't understand why Lolth went there during the ToT - Main setting characters be damned - it made NO sense, IMHO. Even the 3e Drow supplement focused on an entirely different city (and world).

RAS/Drizzt is like FR's Black Hole, and everything must warp and be sucked into it. Not only did Lolth go there during the ToT (a world she noticed later in life, if you read Evermeet), but then she choose a Chosen from there (or whatever the heck that person was called - it was her chosen, but not a Chosen). Why must everything Drow-centric revolve around Toril and Menzo? Once again, it makes little sense.

And I can think of a great way to reconcile that, but why should I? Thats their job.

Hmmmm... maybe I will anyway (I can't help myself) - just say the Menzoberra wasn't so 'kinless' after all - the Seldarine simply erased all knowledge of her family history (in other words, she was a descendent of Araushnee). That would cover all bases, I think. After all, Araushnee should have been a Dark Elf, and therefor a (pre-Toril) Ilythiir. Then we can finally say "Thats why she focuses on Menzo so much".

Throw us a bone here.

On the other hand, why was this even in the thread about Brian and PF/Golarion?

EDIT: Just looked at the cover again - is that a place-holder? They don't put authors names on the cover anymore? And whats with that art - it looks just like the cover of the FRCG (and Neverwinter, come to think of it). Has it become mandatory to show some sort of flying reptile over a city now, even in a subterranean setting?

Cheese-Louise... show some damn originality, would you?

(And this has NOTHING to do with Brian, or any other author/designer for that matter. This looks more like an 'art dept.' thing, or some muckity-muck's decision on a running theme).
The Sage Posted - 29 Nov 2011 : 01:29:45
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Oh, I don't know, Menzoberranzan is SO MUCH BIGGER than Drizzt. Drizzt is that tip of the iceberg.
I'm inclined to agree.

While I was initially a little disappointed in the region this tome will cover, I'm still hopeful that the designers involved will recognise that there is still much left to be said about the [in]famous city of the drow.
Brimstone Posted - 29 Nov 2011 : 00:27:27
Yeah, I am kinda burned out on WotC Drow also.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 28 Nov 2011 : 18:07:51
I wish them well with the book. I've just become a bit burned-out in regards to the dark elves. *shrug*
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 28 Nov 2011 : 17:59:45
Oh, I don't know, Menzoberranzan is SO MUCH BIGGER than Drizzt. Drizzt is that tip of the iceberg.

I mean, just Liriel alone is a huge story of its own, not to mention the War of the Spider Queen.

I wouldn't sell WotC short here--or Brian, if Menzo is indeed what he's talking about.

Cheers
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 28 Nov 2011 : 14:12:02
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Menzoberranzan City of Intrigue!

So much meh.

I mean, I'm a huge Drizzt fanboi. Always have been. But this just makes me believe more and more that WotC is not making Dungeons & Dragons anymore. Instead they are making Drizzt: The Roleplaying Game.
Brimstone Posted - 28 Nov 2011 : 07:04:47
Menzoberranzan City of Intrigue!
Rils Posted - 02 Nov 2011 : 14:56:03
Such a tease... :)
Matt James Posted - 01 Nov 2011 : 00:38:02
I just got news of a big Realms project for DDI. You guys are in for some treats. Happy Halloween!
Dark Wizard Posted - 01 Nov 2011 : 00:08:44
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

For those that may not be aware, I'm currently leading the design of a new Realms sourcebook due out next summer.

Golarion is a fantastic setting, but the Forgotten Realms will always be my first love.

Wait a minute. Is this news of yet another Realms game setting book due out next year? Is 4E Realms finally getting some semblance of regular book releases?
Brimstone Posted - 31 Oct 2011 : 22:32:51
SWEET!!!

Brian R. James Posted - 31 Oct 2011 : 18:14:55

Markustay Posted - 31 Oct 2011 : 15:27:33
Something just hit an iceberg? <smirk>

I also second Quale's sentiments, as I am sure many of us feel.

Anyway, congrats guys, and good luck with your new endeavors.
Quale Posted - 28 Oct 2011 : 08:11:06
There's a lot of Pathfinder products that I wish they were in the Realms, great news
Matt James Posted - 28 Oct 2011 : 02:02:12
I am wrapping up work on a Paizo project as we speak. My contribution is small, but it's good to branch out and stretch one's legs.

Brian and I have been fortunate with game design, and I know I can speak for both of us when I say that we're rabid fans as many of you are. It's truly humbling to see our stuff get printed, especially since all of those years growing up immersed in various fantasy worlds.
Brian R. James Posted - 27 Oct 2011 : 18:07:27
Thanks for the support folks!

The Paizo assignment was an exciting opportunity for me, and I cannot wait to see the final product. In fact, the subject matter is one that I wish would get more attention in the Forgotten Realms. How is that for cryptic? :-)
Marc Posted - 27 Oct 2011 : 09:18:26
Paizo knows talent
Diffan Posted - 25 Oct 2011 : 18:18:43
looking forward to it!
Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 25 Oct 2011 : 11:16:08
quote:
Originally posted by Shemmy

Sweet :)

Yes, indeed!
The Sage Posted - 25 Oct 2011 : 08:37:56
I'm pleasantly surprised by this news.
Shemmy Posted - 25 Oct 2011 : 05:41:01
Sweet :)
Brimstone Posted - 24 Oct 2011 : 22:46:31
Sweet!
The Red Walker Posted - 24 Oct 2011 : 20:53:35
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James on Google+

Submitted the final draft of my first assignment for Paizo. It was quite a change of pace switching from being a Forgotten Realms loremaster to a Golarion neophyte, but I think I did the Pathfinder setting proud. Coming in 2012!

I can't wait to learn more about this!

The brothers James are once again extending their reach of awesomeness

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000