Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Branching Out

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Artemas Entreri Posted - 24 Aug 2011 : 20:01:47
Is anyone else interested in seeing new Realms series set in other less known areas? Examples would include: Maztica, Shou Lung, Al-Quadim? I really enjoyed the Maztica Trilogy, and Dragonwall, simply because there were set in geographical areas that i wasn't familiar with. Don't get me wrong, i love the heartlands too ;)
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Artemas Entreri Posted - 25 Aug 2011 : 16:07:11
quote:
Originally posted by Clad In Shadows

quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

I thought they did that with The Wilds series.

Haven't gotten around to reading any of The Wilds yet, but i did purchase The Fanged Crown which is set in Chult...i think

Yeah, it is. These books to explore wilderness-type areas, but definitely no cities or major settlements. Wrath Of The Blue Lady spends a little time in a city, though the name escapes me.

Fanged Crown - Chult
The Restless Shore - Akanul
Edge Of Chaos - The Plaguewrought Lands
Wrath Of The Blue Lady - The Sea Of Fallen Stars

I enjoyed Odom's Threat From the Sea series and am looking forward to reading Wrath of the Blue Lady as well.
Clad In Shadows Posted - 25 Aug 2011 : 15:54:03
quote:

quote:

Haven't gotten around to reading any of The Wilds yet, but i did purchase The Fanged Crown which is set in Chult...i think

Yeah, it is. These books to explore wilderness-type areas, but definitely no cities or major settlements. Wrath Of The Blue Lady spends a little time in a city, though the name escapes me.

Fanged Crown - Chult
The Restless Shore - Akanul
Edge Of Chaos - The Plaguewrought Lands
Wrath Of The Blue Lady - The Sea Of Fallen Stars
Artemas Entreri Posted - 25 Aug 2011 : 15:39:32
quote:

Dennis Posted - 25 Aug 2011 : 15:14:10

I'm not really interested in that series. Though Wrath of the Blue Lady by Mel Odom sounds not that bad. Given how Mel wrote Threat from the Sea, I guess WotC made the right decision to let him have yet another underwater adventure.
AdamBridger Posted - 25 Aug 2011 : 15:07:48
quote:

I'm not too sure. That's one of the series that I haven't got around to purchasing yet but I plan to in the near future. As far as I know The Wilds Series focused on some of the unexplored areas of wilderness of the Realms, not any cities. However, I could be wrong though.
AdamBridger Posted - 25 Aug 2011 : 15:04:26
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

As much as I would love to see new Kara-Tur and/or Shou Lung Realms fiction, this seems entirely unlikely given the 4e Realms stance for exploring the post-Spellplague environment of the Heartlands and Sword Coast.

We can't really blame WotC. It's business. Their decision as to what Realms to focus more on is based on popularity.

It would definitely be a small niche to begin with, but i think Realms-hungry fans like myself would get on board quickly. WOTC could possibly start with a few stand alone novels set in the more exotic locations and see how the fans react....and then bring in a trilogy or two if things go well.

A series of stand-alone books in the same mold as the Wizards, Dungeons, Citadels Series could introduce various areas of the Realms and give some relatively inexperienced authors an opportunity.
Dennis Posted - 25 Aug 2011 : 15:02:49

Artemas Entreri Posted - 25 Aug 2011 : 14:00:29
quote:

quote:

As much as I would love to see new Kara-Tur and/or Shou Lung Realms fiction, this seems entirely unlikely given the 4e Realms stance for exploring the post-Spellplague environment of the Heartlands and Sword Coast.

We can't really blame WotC. It's business. Their decision as to what Realms to focus more on is based on popularity.

It would definitely be a small niche to begin with, but i think Realms-hungry fans like myself would get on board quickly. WOTC could possibly start with a few stand alone novels set in the more exotic locations and see how the fans react....and then bring in a trilogy or two if things go well.
Dennis Posted - 25 Aug 2011 : 12:16:01
quote:

Artemas Entreri Posted - 25 Aug 2011 : 03:47:59
sigh*
The Sage Posted - 25 Aug 2011 : 02:22:58
quote:

Is anyone else interested in seeing new Realms series set in other less known areas? Examples would include: Maztica, Shou Lung, Al-Quadim? I really enjoyed the Maztica Trilogy, and Dragonwall, simply because there were set in geographical areas that i wasn't familiar with. Don't get me wrong, i love the heartlands too ;)

skychrome Posted - 25 Aug 2011 : 01:25:31
Al-Quadim novels with a party of Faerun heroes would be fun!
Artemas Entreri Posted - 24 Aug 2011 : 23:31:13
I remember having tons of fun when my friends and i had our main characters travel to Zakhara in search of wondrous treasure; and always thought it would be great to see actual novels take place in that setting.
Dennis Posted - 24 Aug 2011 : 23:11:21

I remember Ed once said that he'd like to write a novel set in a less explored realm, though I forgot the name.
Hawkins Posted - 24 Aug 2011 : 22:20:23
Since my introduction to Ravenloft was via the Realms (al la Jander Sunstar), I really do not mind you mentioning it here. =) I was really hoping for some novels set in the other realms of the Realms in the 3.x era. Comments towards the end of that era by Rich Baker on the WotC forums kind of squashed all hope I had of ever seeing any more novels like that. Happily, I got to read my first Pathfinder novel set in their eastern continent, Tian Xia, titled Master of Devils. I was quite impressed.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 24 Aug 2011 : 20:39:17
And while we are on it, how about some new Ravenloft books as well? (please forgive me for brining up Ravenloft on a Realms page :) )

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000