Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Portals in Cormyr

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Solan Vulutia Posted - 10 Nov 2009 : 00:22:09
Hello everyone. Recently I've begun to ponder the location of the portals that I keep reading about in Cormyr. The ones the king and the War Wizards seem to use frequently. Does anyone know of a list or the locations or such portals and where each one connects to? Thanks in advance! By the way, the current timeline we're in is 1370
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Calmar Posted - 11 Feb 2010 : 23:16:32
This could be of interest for you:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/pg/20030528a
Afetbinttuzani Posted - 03 Feb 2010 : 05:38:59
If you download the pdf of Volo's Guide to Cormyr from the WOTC site you can keyword search it for "portal", there are a number of references to them; both specific and general.
Ergdusch Posted - 01 Feb 2010 : 22:15:28
I just stumbled across one more portal in Cormyr:

There is a certain one-way-only portal leading from the Farlight Stones (a hill in an uninhabited corner in southeastern Daggerdale with a little bowl at the top - with a small ring of standing stones , not visible from below) to Muskin's Well (a small pool just below a well that feeds it) in the Hullack Forest near Firefall Keep.

The Lady Harper Storm travels through it in chapter 3 of Stormlight, p.39-43.
Rhewtani Posted - 07 Dec 2009 : 15:22:49
http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/dhedluk.htm
Ergdusch Posted - 04 Dec 2009 : 19:38:31
quote:
Originally posted by Rhewtani

There's a portal from Suzail to Dhedluk.

Do you happen to have the source of this in mind?
Rhewtani Posted - 03 Dec 2009 : 15:43:29
There's a portal from Suzail to Dhedluk.
Sandro Posted - 13 Nov 2009 : 07:55:12
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

I don't have all my notes with me, but a number of Cormyrean gates are revealed in Ed's novels: look at Stormlight, Crown of Fire, Cormyr and its sequels, Elminster's Daughter, and the Knights books.

IIRC some portals of Suzail Palace are being mentioned in Elminster in Hell as well.

Aye, there are at least a few mentions of them in that novel.
Ergdusch Posted - 13 Nov 2009 : 07:10:25
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

I don't have all my notes with me, but a number of Cormyrean gates are revealed in Ed's novels: look at Stormlight, Crown of Fire, Cormyr and its sequels, Elminster's Daughter, and the Knights books.

IIRC some portals of Suzail Palace are being mentioned in Elminster in Hell as well.
Faraer Posted - 12 Nov 2009 : 20:50:26
Gang Falconhand Posted - 11 Nov 2009 : 11:02:05
Not so much a portal, but there's a fey crossroads near the Knightswood Nine that leads to the Heroes' Garden in Waterdeep.
Ergdusch Posted - 11 Nov 2009 : 08:29:58
I'll provide you with the link, Solan.

Here you will find some information you might be looking for: Looking for all about Cormyr.

Special for your interests might be the link to the Perilous Gateways article featured in Cormyr: The Cormyr Portal and the "The Doors from Everywhere" adventure in Dungeon Magazine #88.

Aside from that I have not been able to find that much more portals in Cormyr. There are some in the Haunted Halls that have been mentioned very recently in the 'Looking for Cormyr' thread. So you might want to read throught the last page of that thread.

And concerning the Suzail Palace - I believe, there are far too many portals for even Vangy to remember them all!

Ergdusch

Mr_Miscellany Posted - 10 Nov 2009 : 00:46:14
Hello Solan,

I don't know that there's an extensive list of all of Cormyr's many portals. The best I can suggest is to download a free copy of Volo's Guide to Cormyr from the Old Editions Downloads page on the Wizards of the Coast website.

[edit] Forgot to mention to you that Ergdusch has a scroll on this shelf about Cormyr that has some information (and links to articles) on portals that can be found in Cormyr.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000