Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Towns/Cities in Cormathor Forest

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
RealMarkP Posted - 08 Jun 2009 : 17:11:04
Hello Everyone. I'm a long time reader, first time poster.

I've been reading a lot of information about Cormanthor forest and the vast majority of texts do not mention any Towns or Cities within the Forest. The only thing they mention is the human dominated locations of Mistledale, Shadowdale, etc. These places have Elf residence, which I assume are descendants of the Elves that lived in Cormanthor Forest thousands of years ago, but never mention any places of interest inside the forest itself.

Does anyone know of any Lore, Maps, Books (AD&D is fine) that may shed some light on this vast and seemingly uninhabited forest.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dart Ambermoon Posted - 09 Jun 2009 : 01:33:08
As a companion read to Sage“s suggestions (which I would also recommend as essesntial reading on the topic), you might also want to look at "Fall of Myth Drannor", available free as well from the place Sage mentioned. Although it doesn“t have "Cormanthyr"“s depth and focusses on the Weeping War, it does add some interesting tidbits to accompany the former and also LEoF.
The Sage Posted - 09 Jun 2009 : 01:12:35
Are you aware of the 2e Cormanthyr supplement? 'Tis available as a free PDF download at WotC, and includes some details about specific regions within the Forest as well.

Lost Empires of Faerūn will also prove useful.
Markustay Posted - 09 Jun 2009 : 00:47:05
Draon Magazine #354 would probably have the latest (pre-4e) information on that region (not to mention a really nice map of the place).
Fillow Posted - 08 Jun 2009 : 19:38:48
quote:
Originally posted by RealMarkP

Unfortunately I don't own that particular book. Is it available on the WotC website?

From my memory, not this one.
RealMarkP Posted - 08 Jun 2009 : 18:27:21
Unfortunately I don't own that particular book. Is it available on the WotC website?
Fillow Posted - 08 Jun 2009 : 17:41:21
Hi RealMarkP,
welcome to the threads.

Did you have a look at Elminster's ecologies (the first one). I remember that the book two deals with Cormanthor and its trees, old settlements,...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000