Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Organizing one's Dungeon and Dragon Magazines

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hawkins Posted - 28 May 2009 : 20:17:33
So, over the past year I have been picking up a few issues of Dragon and Dungeon. Right now they all sit in a stack. I am sure there are better ways to organize them. Does anyone have suggestions on how they do it?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coach Posted - 11 Aug 2009 : 16:06:14
1) build a library in your house

2) make 5 sections with seven angled shelves on each section with a 1 inch lip

3) bag/board them in magazine sized bags

4) make sure shelves not in direct sunlight

5) then keep adding them to your shelves as WotC keeps putting them out monthly for it's dedicated fanbase

I did all of the above except #5, and I have a shelf and a half left
Hawkins Posted - 29 May 2009 : 23:50:19
Thanks for the many suggestions!
scererar Posted - 29 May 2009 : 14:08:39
external hard drive oh, you meant before the change to DDI. The ones I do still have are boxed and in numerical order.
Alisttair Posted - 29 May 2009 : 13:40:50
Lying on the floor randomly in front of the toilet for easy access during "business" hours.
The Sage Posted - 29 May 2009 : 01:03:06
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Like Wooly, mine are in magazine sized plastic comic bags with boards and then in magazine sized comic cardboard boxes. :) And they are in # order.

Same as Wooly and Kuje. Especially the earliest issues I have -- some of which are in a severe state of disrepair because they were second [and sometimes third-] hand issues.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 28 May 2009 : 23:02:39
Another 'bag' option, if you're looking at long term storage (i.e. not going to keep going to them to look stuff up), check into a 'food-saver' type of vacuum device. Many have 'bags on a roll' that can be cut and sealed to a chosen size and it keeps you books air-tight.
Kuje Posted - 28 May 2009 : 22:49:18
Like Wooly, mine are in magazine sized plastic comic bags with boards and then in magazine sized comic cardboard boxes. :) And they are in # order.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 May 2009 : 22:45:57
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Did you just use comic book bags? Is there somewhere I can buy bags/boards in bulk?

Well, magazine-sized ones, yeah.

At first, I was buying bags individually, as I needed them or as money permitted, from my local comic/game store. Then I found some online site to buy them. More recently, I've found another good provider. I've purchased from them two or three times, and I quite like them.

The 2 Buds Look under "Comic & Magazine Supplies"
Hawkins Posted - 28 May 2009 : 21:37:04
Did you just use comic book bags? Is there somewhere I can buy bags/boards in bulk?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 May 2009 : 20:51:33
When I still had those magazines, they were bagged, boarded, shelved, and arranged in numeric order.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 28 May 2009 : 20:21:48
Alphabetically by editor/author.

The best method would probably be to get some of those 'media boxes' like the libraries use to hold back issues of magazines, grouped by years.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000