Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Loviatar and her temples

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coralleane Posted - 25 Dec 2005 : 02:14:17
I've been tasked with designing a Loviatian temple. So far, all I have to go in is the entry about Loviatar in the Faiths and Pantheons book - can anyone recommend any other sources, either online or offline? I'm not picky, I'll take anything - novels, articles, designs you doodled five years ago on the back of a napkin...

Thanks in advance,

~Coral
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Crust Posted - 30 Dec 2005 : 17:43:22
The major villain in my current campaign worships Loviatar. He's a half-fiend/half-human evolved master vampire epic blood magus, whose "shrine" to Loviatar is a network of blood pits, above which hang gutted bodies dangling from wicked hooks. Found deep within the bowels of Grimstead Castle's ruins, these pits pool the blood of often-still-writhing victims into a massive Blood Pit, where vampires may flay themselves in honor to Loviatar, basking in a large pool of warm blood. The Elder, as the beastly vampire is known, is served by kyton torturers, blood animotes, and a vast array of undead minions and vampire spawn. Using class abilities like scarification, the Elder sees pain as a way of enlightenment. It certainly makes his spells more powerful.
coralleane Posted - 25 Dec 2005 : 03:46:04
The Faiths & Avatars entry is rather more illuminating than the Faiths & Pantheons one was, thank you! And that list looks useful - I'll have to go through it thoroughly tomorrow. :)

~Coral
Dargoth Posted - 25 Dec 2005 : 02:37:43
Theres a 3ed module with a Temple of Loviator in an issue of Dungeon magazine its set up underground beneath a Temple of Ilmater

I cant remember what issue its in but I remember theres a Davourer on the front cover of the mag
The Sage Posted - 25 Dec 2005 : 02:18:40
The 2e Faiths & Avatars tome. There was also some slight detailing of a temple to Loviatar in the Maiden of Pain novel -- part of "The Priests" series.

Also, for comparison purposes, there's a listing of deity temples (including Loviatar's) here at Candlekeep:- http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/temples.htm

It should allow you to search for other Loviatar temples in the Realmslore and compare each temple reference so you can gain a fair idea about what they are like. I'm slowly updating it since it is only relevant to 1372 DR -- taking into account all other temple mentions in both novels and more recent sourcebooks.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000