Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite noble family

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Naeryndam Posted - 26 Nov 2005 : 03:15:23
What is your favorite noble family in the realms?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Arcanamach Posted - 17 Nov 2013 : 23:28:34
I voted Orbaskyr because their family members (as of the 1370s) were quite interesting in the novels. I also agree that the poll is limited though.
Alruane Posted - 17 Nov 2013 : 23:19:56
Do'Urden since I am not familiar with some of the others.
The Masked Mage Posted - 12 Oct 2013 : 06:20:37
For me, its the Shoon family. In my realms, there are several surviving Shoons: The Demilich Shoon, Amahl of the Nine Whirlwinds, and a family of their descendents who might one day rise again. :)
sleyvas Posted - 06 Oct 2013 : 18:05:13
But more seriously, the Agneh family of Thay has been the most used by me, though the homebrew Tarsorek noble family of Thay has been the more..... guess the best word is fervent.
sleyvas Posted - 06 Oct 2013 : 18:03:27
Roaringhorns ...... they got that whole partying like there's no tomorrow and living the life of a mercenary..... and they chase unicorns and the next rainbow around the corner.
crazedventurers Posted - 06 Oct 2013 : 16:00:17
Noble family? has to be Family Cormyr for me as they have managed to hang onto the throne for 1400+ years despite all the backstabbing, politics, mad kings, invasion from pirate kings, Arabel rebelling every 20 years or so etc etc etc

Cheers

Damian
Neo2151 Posted - 06 Oct 2013 : 09:36:33
On the list? Obarskyr.

But honestly, I like the Wyvernspurs, Uskevrens, and Vyshaans more. :)
GRYPHON Posted - 04 Oct 2013 : 15:45:27
Moonflower...
Drustan Dwnhaedan Posted - 03 Oct 2013 : 06:46:03
I voted for the Obarskyrs, but after reading Evermeet a couple weeks ago, I actually wish I could vote for the Moonflowers as well (not to mention the Battlehammers, the Harpells, the Wyvernspurs...)
TBeholder Posted - 03 Oct 2013 : 04:47:31
Is Leafbower clan (Aldyn, Kendel, Mariona, Vallus...) a noble House?
BEAST Posted - 03 Oct 2013 : 04:12:43
"Me King! Me King and me friend!"
Thauranil Posted - 02 Oct 2013 : 13:03:17
I voted for the Battlehammers , a steadfast and honorable noble family.
Its a pity Bruenor never had any biological children
Markustay Posted - 02 Oct 2013 : 13:03:16
I'm a 'Wyvernspur' man, m'self.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Oct 2013 : 04:28:33
Revisiting my years-old answer...

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I guess I could pick a noble family, but they're not on the list: the Hawkwinters of Waterdeep. The main reason I like them is because one of my fave characters (that I've played) was an illegitimate (and unacknowledged) son of that family.

I recently needed another Waterdhavian noble family, for the background of one of the characters for my now off-again Inn that I am populating. Looking over the nobles, I am now digging the Tesper family, as well.

And the Scatterhawks of Cormyr, just because Scatterhawk is such a cool name, and one I really wish I'd thought of.
skychrome Posted - 02 Oct 2013 : 02:11:05
I have to admit, for me it is the Uskevrens...

Halls of Stormweather was a great introduction and although most novels without Erevis Cale were rather bland, I still like the family as such.
KacyCrawford Posted - 30 Sep 2013 : 14:26:04
My favorite is Cormaeril
Dennis Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 12:39:51
quote:
Originally posted by Quale

They aren't interesting, weird in a way Elminster is weird.

They are as interesting as Elminster.

----

The Baranovs (From Davidson's novels) should have crossed over to FR...so we'll see all the people of Toril tremble...with laughter!
Quale Posted - 14 Apr 2011 : 10:12:31
They aren't interesting, weird in a way Elminster is weird.
Dennis Posted - 14 Apr 2011 : 06:37:09
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

I'm surprised the Harpells haven't gotten more love. Who wouldn't love a bunch of wizards who come up with weird crossbreeds like a horse/frog?

I like them myself. But my love for the Tanthuls is beyond compare.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 14 Apr 2011 : 04:55:43
I'm surprised the Harpells haven't gotten more love. Who wouldn't love a bunch of wizards who come up with weird crossbreeds like a horse/frog?
Lord Karsus Posted - 14 Apr 2011 : 04:19:47
-The ancient and venerable House Durothil.
The Sage Posted - 14 Apr 2011 : 01:35:31
quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade

The Vilhon Reach is indeed an intriguing section of Faerūn. The novel mostly take place in Hlondeth i take it? Due to it's Yuan ti influences?
Pretty much. It includes some of the surrounding environs too.
Elfinblade Posted - 13 Apr 2011 : 18:11:28
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Have you lot read that trilogy? Worthwhile? Wondering if i should push Venom's Taste a few notches up on the waiting list..

Well, just elaborating a little on what Fellfire said above... you should consider my opinion somewhat biased, because I'm something of a fan of the scaly-folk. So the "House of Serpents" trilogy was definitely able to succeed in that regard. Plus, the setting for the trilogy features an oft-neglected part of the Realms, so we learn all kinds of cool new Realmslore for the region too.

The Vilhon Reach is indeed an intriguing section of Faerūn. The novel mostly take place in Hlondeth i take it? Due to it's Yuan ti influences?
I have mostly read 4ed novels the past months. Some 3ed novels with less focus on spellscarred people could be in order. As soon as i finish City of the Dead.
The Red Walker Posted - 13 Apr 2011 : 16:53:27
I'd vote Thann if it were an option.

What was the key family from Scions of Arrabar trilogy....what a facinating sereies and family...I think I will put it on the re-read pile!

I voted Moonflower simply for the connections to Arilyn then Dan and the Queen's friendship with Laeral.
The Sage Posted - 13 Apr 2011 : 16:49:57
quote:

Have you lot read that trilogy? Worthwhile? Wondering if i should push Venom's Taste a few notches up on the waiting list..

Well, just elaborating a little on what Fellfire said above... you should consider my opinion somewhat biased, because I'm something of a fan of the scaly-folk. So the "House of Serpents" trilogy was definitely able to succeed in that regard. Plus, the setting for the trilogy features an oft-neglected part of the Realms, so we learn all kinds of cool new Realmslore for the region too.
Fellfire Posted - 13 Apr 2011 : 13:37:47
quote:

Thank you Sage and Zireael. I have Venom's Taste lying around here somewhere on the waiting list, still havent gotten around to reading that. Have you lot read that trilogy? Worthwhile? Wondering if i should push Venom's Taste a few notches up on the waiting list..

It was a prety good series. You'll especially enjoy it if you are fond of psionics and Yuan-ti. The Serpent Sibyl plays a role as a major villain.
GRYPHON Posted - 13 Apr 2011 : 13:24:06
The Moonflowers are also an interesting group...
Elfinblade Posted - 13 Apr 2011 : 11:40:05
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

See the entry for the Cathedral of Emerald Scales in Powers and Pantheons, Serpent Kingdoms, Champions of Ruin, and Lisa Smedman's "House of Serpents" trilogy.

Thank you Sage and Zireael. I have Venom's Taste lying around here somewhere on the waiting list, still havent gotten around to reading that. Have you lot read that trilogy? Worthwhile? Wondering if i should push Venom's Taste a few notches up on the waiting list..
Bladewind Posted - 13 Apr 2011 : 11:22:30
I like several: the tethyrian Strohms and Rhindauns, waterdhavian Roaringhorns, Wands, Raventrees and Hawkwinters, impulturan Elethlims, silverymoons Threskaals, evereskan/cormanthyrian Ulandorrs, Moonflowers and Mistwinters. Obarskyr are awesome aswell of course.

Most of these families have had a hand in shaping Fearuns history for the Good.
The Sage Posted - 13 Apr 2011 : 08:36:14
quote:

... but i am not familiar with the Extaminos? Where are they from?

See the entry for the Cathedral of Emerald Scales in Powers and Pantheons, Serpent Kingdoms, Champions of Ruin, and Lisa Smedman's "House of Serpents" trilogy.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000