Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Anti-Replies?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  16:20:45  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've noticed from time to time that the number of replies column displays the wrong number. Sometimes as well the 'last post' will display a poster 2 or 3 posts back, and it will not change despite there being new posts.

The weirdest one I've come across is Bladewinds topic 'How Old is the Triad' here http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9374.

When I was browsing, the number of replies section said -1. Going into the scroll there were clearly 2 replies (from Kuje and The Sage respectively).

turox
Learned Scribe

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  16:28:50  Show Profile  Visit turox's Homepage Send turox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw that as well. Just figured that Kuje was working some Voodoo.

EDIT: While I was submitting the reply got the time out error screen. And after my post to this scroll I clicked on Active Topics again and it still said there were 0 replies.

Turox Antas Dragonslayer -
"People will believe anything they want to believe, or fear to believe."
Wizard's First Rule: Chapter 36, Page #397, US Hard Cover (revealed by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander).
Explanation by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander: "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

Edited by - turox on 18 May 2007 16:32:38
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  17:01:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, there seems to be some weirdness going on with post counts right now. Hopefully Big Al can figure it out...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  17:18:01  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I keep getting a timing out error for the past few days, so my replies have three or so of the same replies, which I then delete. Mutter.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 18 May 2007 17:18:19
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2007 :  19:36:25  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Aye, this has been occuring mainly on the "Questions for Ed Greenwood" thread. Fear not, i'm on the case

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly