Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Storm Silverhand
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thangorn
Seeker

New Zealand
84 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2007 :  00:29:22  Show Profile Send Thangorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi folks,

I'm trying to find the best sources of "roleplay flavour" for Storm Silverhand as I'm going to have to play her in some upcoming games and I want to get her just right.

What do the esteemed sages of Candlekeep think are the best "roleplay flavour" sources?

Cheers

Ex-A Land Far Away (ALFA) DM/Builder

Faerunian Canon Despot

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2007 :  00:40:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few worthwhile mentions... Seven Sisters, Silverfall, Heroes' Lorebook, and particularly Stormlight.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2007 :  00:54:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and Ed's replies as well -- mostly from '05.

Go to Top of Page

Thangorn
Seeker

New Zealand
84 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2007 :  04:59:02  Show Profile Send Thangorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you o esteemed Aussie loremaster..

I'll make use of those sources directly

;)

Ex-A Land Far Away (ALFA) DM/Builder

Faerunian Canon Despot
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2007 :  05:09:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll have none of that "Aussie" business. 'Tis "Australian", thank you!

-- Seriously, you're welcome.

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2007 :  10:17:17  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know about the other novels Sage mentioned but Silverfall is most definitly a great book to read about Storm. And as a bonus, it has 1 chapter dedicated to each of the seven sisters. I really enjoyed that one and it also heleped me roleplay them as good as I could.

(Speaking of such - I just noticed that I only introduced Storm in my game. the PCs heard by never met any of the others. )

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 16 Jan 2007 10:18:06
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2007 :  21:04:14  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

(Speaking of such - I just noticed that I only introduced Storm in my game. the PCs heard by never met any of the others. )

You don't have to introduce them, only if it's appropriate. In my current campaign the players haven't met any of them. In my longest running campaign in the Silver Marches, the players did meet Alustriel once (ask Kaladorm what happened when he asked her to dance ) and had some interactions with Qilué, without realising who she was for a long time.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2007 :  21:34:15  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

You don't have to introduce them, only if it's appropriate. In my current campaign the players haven't met any of them. In my longest running campaign in the Silver Marches, the players did meet Alustriel once (ask Kaladorm what happened when he asked her to dance ) and had some interactions with Qilué, without realising who she was for a long time.

It's only slightly less embarrasing than Reefy's 'Caravan Acrobatics'
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2007 :  22:45:00  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kaladorm

It's only slightly less embarrasing than Reefy's 'Caravan Acrobatics'

Reefy + clerics + d20s = bad idea. In the olden days before I became DM, you have no idea how bad my d20 rolling was. Couldn't hit a gelatinous cube with a greatsword.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2007 :  20:39:47  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thangorn,
I saw Ed's reply to you about Storm's singing voice in his Questions thread; did you see that he posted a followup of suggested musical selections?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000