Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Keeper of the Tomes/First Readers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  20:37:11  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
anyone got a list over who's the Keeper of Tomes and First Reader in Candlekeep? ... and a list over when they became and who was beforehand?

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  21:02:50  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

anyone got a list over who's the Keeper of Tomes and First Reader in Candlekeep? ... and a list over when they became and who was beforehand?

As far as I know it's still:

Keeper of Tomes Ulraunt, 9th Wizard, Male Human, LN, Head of Candlekeep, Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast

and

First Reader Tethtoril, 18th Cleric, Male Human, LG, Mystra, Scribe of Candlekeep. Protected by Mystra, Oghma, and Deneir, Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  00:25:36  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Sian

As an aside but of related interest, ye may wish to read Ed Greenwood's Introduction to Candlekeep, written especially for us herein , which details these personalities of Candlekeep and much much more.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  00:53:38  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of Khelben's Moonstars is the Fourth Reader. See "Cloak & Dagger".

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  02:04:02  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

One of Khelben's Moonstars is the Fourth Reader. See "Cloak & Dagger".

-- George Krashos

And 3E shorthand stats in CoS:W.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  16:16:18  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje ... following FRCS Ulraunt is 7'th Diviner 3'th Loremaster

... but the thing i need is who the First reader and Keeper of the tomes was BEFORE Ulraunt and Tethtoril ... and when they stopped

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  16:27:42  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Kuje ... following FRCS Ulraunt is 7'th Diviner 3'th Loremaster

... but the thing i need is who the First reader and Keeper of the tomes was BEFORE Ulraunt and Tethtoril ... and when they stopped

Ah,

I haven't gotten to that part of my NPC list, so I didn't know that. :)

As for the rest, I think you're going to have to ask Ed.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  16:35:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That really sounds like a question for Ed.

Despite what we've learned about Candlekeep and the monks -- from Ed's Introduction to Candlekeep and the off-hand tidbits from a number of sources -- we really don't know a great deal about Candlekeep itself, nor the previous holders of such prominent positions among the library's hierarchy.

Ed might have more to share.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  16:33:28  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
if anyone gets a response from Ed on this topic i woudl really appreciate if it was posted here. A project a long time ago that i was working on ended rly when I couldn't learn more about the past leaders of Candlekeep.

Edit ping!
was this question posed to ed ever?

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema

Edited by - Beirnadri Magranth on 25 Sep 2006 03:45:12
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000