Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Creating a magic item - without the DMG3.5
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trace_Coburn
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
137 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  17:04:19  Show Profile  Visit Trace_Coburn's Homepage Send Trace_Coburn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've got a nice solid backstory concept/legend, the powers almost picked themselves, and I've done eyeball-estimates of the costs involved. The thing is, the item has a couple of limitations, including the fact that one of its most potent abilities (an initiative bonus) only kicks in under very specific circumstances. I'd rather not go into the exact details publically just yet (as I want to preserve the surprise for when this item goes into the Candlekeep Magic Shop thread), so I'd like to ask for a volunteer or two to register their interest here to help me out with nailing the final details - we'll go into specifics over PMs.

Thanks in advance.

D&D collection: Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual I, Complete Arcane, Arms & Equipment Guide.

FR sourcebook collection: Dragons of Faerūn, Faiths & Pantheons, FRCS, Lords of Darkness, Monsters of Faerūn, Player's Guide to Faerūn, Power of Faerūn, Races of Faerūn, Silver Marches.

I just got back into this, okay? Give me time (or better yet money) - I'll catch up soon enough.

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  17:09:20  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Warlocko, or Arivia, if she's still around... would be the two I'd recommend for doing stats for items.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  17:13:01  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can give it a look over, though I think Arivia might be a bit better if she is still around.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  19:47:22  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

I can give it a look over, though I think Arivia might be a bit better if she is still around.

Well met

Feel free to tackle it, warlockco. Alas, Arivia isn't around at Candlekeep so it would be a crime to leave Trace_Coburn hanging around

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  04:06:55  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alrighty then, Trace send it to me then.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000