Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Lord of the Rings: THE TWO TOWERS
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  09:42:52  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
(I know it's not FR related but as we dont have a Non Fr Related Topics Forum:)

Is everyone looking forward to the impending release of one of the greatest built up films in movie history?

I know I cant wait, I cant get down on the first day of release like I did with the first film but I am going up the Saturday after and **** I'm looking forward to it.

I really enjoyed the first film, despite some of the critics and after reading the book in was very refreshing to see Peter Jacksons interpretation.

So, are you all looking forward to it?

TDM

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  11:42:52  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just can't wait!
There was a projection of the film in Paris. And apparently, this one is better than the first.
I already have my tickets for the 18th at 9:15 pm!
HHHHAAAAAA! Still 4 days to wait
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  13:42:40  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been waiting all my life for these movies. My mother read the Lord of the Rings to me before I was able to read. When I got older I read them over and over.

I get chills when I see the ads on tv. I am taking the day off, I will be there for the Noon showing.

I was quite pleased with the first movie, I found Peter Jackson's dedication to Tolkien's vision inspiring.

I have seen every stitch of detail on the making of the Helm's Deep sequences and I guarentee you they will be awe inspiring.

This is the stuff that inspired D&D, it's the foundation on which the hobby that we all enjoy so much was built.

I recommend it to everyone

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  19:42:27  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, it's great to see there are other fans as dedicated as I am.

I think this film will be better than the first. One of my favourite parts of the book was Helms Deep and there's gonna be a half hour battle scene there!!! (Excuse me I'm drooling)

Plus we get Gollum, the Ents and loads more cool stuff.

I cant wait!!!

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Frey
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  20:34:08  Show Profile  Visit Frey's Homepage Send Frey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Defence Minister
Wow, it's great to see there are other fans as dedicated as I am.
I think this film will be better than the first. One of my favourite parts of the book was Helms Deep and there's gonna be a half hour battle scene there!!! (Excuse me I'm drooling)
Plus we get Gollum, the Ents and loads more cool stuff.
I cant wait!!!

Well, I'm looking forward to the film for sure! I couldn't wait for the first book released on film last year, and am anxious since for the second (and the third).
This the more so for I'm going to watch the film with friends who are fans as well (Though they're probably more D&D-fans who like LotR, while with me it's the other way around).

As for a battle-scene of half an hour ... well I'm not too keen on battle-scenes myself.
I for myself am much more interested in the slow growing of tension, the vast empty lands, the Ents and Gollum of course, the separate ways of the friends, the evolvement of Sam and the cities.
The first film had a nice balance between tension, landscapes, people and action (IMO) and I expect the same this time.

So ... You will see it before I do, ... then you can wait for the third (and best) part longer than me ;)

- Imagine ... there's no imagination. -

(remember Frey is just a PC)
Go to Top of Page

Captain Louis
Acolyte

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  21:28:02  Show Profile  Visit Captain Louis's Homepage Send Captain Louis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to go to basketball practice Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, so I can't go until Saturnday afternoon . One more week, I can hardly wait! I read the books when I was 9, and have already read them 2 more times, and I have read the hobbit at least 4 times. Having seen the commercials, the ents look good, and this one is supposedly much more action packed than The Fellowship of the Ring.

Ow, I cut my lip!
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  23:22:48  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow you are dedicated to basketball!

I am at School all week (didn't stop me last year though, I went up straight after school on the first day of release) but this year I am waiting til the Saturday and going up with some mates. We are all huge LOTR (and Warhammer) fans so it should be great.

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2002 :  00:11:11  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw a special interview/preview on the Two towers not more than 3 hours ago. Ahhhh I can't wait until the 18. I think I only have read it 3 or 4 times, but it's not one of my favvs. But I most say that this version is much better then the previous attempt, if we should call it that.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  20:33:38  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So how many have seen the two towers yet? I can only say one thing, It was great, to sad I can't read Quenya.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  20:43:59  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just got in from seeing The Two Towers, it was OUTSTANDING! There were a few departures from the book but it was a truly beautiful experience and faithfull in spirit. Highly Recommended!

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  20:53:35  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::: There bee spoilers ::::

Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  20:55:18  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the warg rider attack , and the addition ef the elves from lothlorien

Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  21:21:11  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to wait for 3 days til I see it

I cant get down after school this week si I ahve to wait til Saturday. I have got my tickets booked, I'm going up with a bunch of mates who are as devoted to LOTR as I am so it should be good.

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  21:32:53  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sound jolly good to me

Go to Top of Page

Salazar
Acolyte

Netherlands
12 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  21:51:38  Show Profile  Visit Salazar's Homepage Send Salazar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to wait for a couple of weeks before seeing lotr two towers
Theathers are booked full here...and I couldn't book tickets because it wasn't sure what my friends where going to do
but hey the movie doesn't walk that simply away from me I'll be there asap!!!

Salazar M.
Go to Top of Page

Tyreal Nyquis
Acolyte

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  23:17:26  Show Profile  Visit Tyreal Nyquis's Homepage Send Tyreal Nyquis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though I'm not really a big fan of LOTR I will see the movie as the first one was a pretty good interpretation and from what people are saying this one is too.

quote:
...there's gonna be a half hour battle scene there!!! (Excuse me I'm drooling)

Meaning thirty minutes? That seems like a bit of an overkill don't it? I mean, watching orcs/goblins/human/elfs/dwarves/worgs/monsters being slaughtered is only entertaining for so long.

"Spells are highly overrated. I mean, you spend half your life shut up in a dusty tower pouring over unitelligible tomes and for what? A few gloriful moments on the battlefield and a permanent case of eye strain." - Tyreal Ny'quis of Sigil
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2002 :  00:09:51  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps it was 30 min went so fast

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2002 :  07:32:50  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if it's good, I don't mind. I already thought the entire first part of the movie was too short. (no critique - meant as a compliment). I'll be looking forward to the 29th... I'll be teaming up with Ditalidas, Frey and Ghost to have a nice evening out and watch the movie. Can't wait...
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2002 :  11:23:44  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By that time I have allready seen it a second time.

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2002 :  17:14:37  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've seen it Yesterday!
WWWWWWOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
What can i say to explain how GREAT is this film

Still one year to watch the last one!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2002 :  17:18:19  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd
WWWWWWOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

shhhhhh, keep it down everyone, if Alaundo hears he might come and see what all the noise is and complain about this non-FR\D&D topic and tell us all off

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 19 Dec 2002 17:18:30
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2002 :  19:09:57  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyreal Nyquis

Though I'm not really a big fan of LOTR I will see the movie as the first one was a pretty good interpretation and from what people are saying this one is too.

quote:
...there's gonna be a half hour battle scene there!!! (Excuse me I'm drooling)

Meaning thirty minutes? That seems like a bit of an overkill don't it? I mean, watching orcs/goblins/human/elfs/dwarves/worgs/monsters being slaughtered is only entertaining for so long.

The critics say it's the best battle sceen in movie history!!!

MTV

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2002 :  23:44:36  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saw this on Saturday and I must say that compared to The Fellowship of the Ring, it was an above-average movie! It didnt have the same high impact and there were a few holes in the CGI and scenery. Some parts really felt more like a small film set rather than a grand city or whatever (trying not to give any spoilers ).

On the whole it was very enjoyable with some extremely impressive parts. I have plans to watch it twice more within the next 2-3 weeks though so it must be good enough at the end of the day

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2002 :  00:00:22  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have seen the new LOTR movie, and it was more or likely the best movie i've seen all year. It is very hard to wait for the last movie.
I've been told you can get all THREE movies for around $1000. I think that's rediculous so I could wait.

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2002 :  00:01:39  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This movie comes highly recommended I am going to try to see as many times as I can.

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni

Edited by - Feanor_Karnil on 24 Dec 2002 00:06:07
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2002 :  17:21:23  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went to see them with Feanor, and I haven't read the books so I kept bothering him with little questions. But I have to agree, they were awsome. I love how they make it look so real, the castles and forests and such. The hight of the races, the acting, its all so perfectly done. Makes you wonder why stuff like that isn't real.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2002 :  20:35:26  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I on the ohter hand sitts there and wonder why they can't make it look more real. Guess it's a habbit that comes with your work.

Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2002 :  19:19:31  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I have seen the new movie and I AM IMPRESSED!!! I though Helm's Deep and the battle seen was magnificant, the Ents were wonderful and Gollum was amazing. There were bits I thought could have been improved (Edoras for one) and I thought it was a ut slow to get started (the Gandalf falling scene was pretty poor I though) but all in all it was a thouroughly excellent movie and I recommend it to anyone!!! Bring on Return of the King!!!

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Frey
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2002 :  18:05:32  Show Profile  Visit Frey's Homepage Send Frey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still counting down ...

Growling Goblins, do I look forward!

In the meantime I'm busy 'getting into the atmosphere', which includes:
  • I am reading 'the two towers'

• I've seen part of 'Fellowship, the making of' last monday

• I've looked through a book about the designs of LOTR part 1

• I will see 'the fellowship' saturday with friends, probably with more of 'the making of

• I play 'music from the film' from time to time

• and ... I will see 'the two towers' next sunday

I'm having a great time already!

- Imagine ... there's no imagination. -

(remember Frey is just a PC)
Go to Top of Page

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2002 :  14:48:25  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to Sunday too.(Going to watch the movie with Mumadar, Frey and Ghost) Can't wait to see it. I just loved part one and my admiration increased enormously when I saw the making of. The huge amount of work and dedication made me appreciate the first movie even more. I have high expectations of Two Towers... I hope they do not disappoint me.

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter
Go to Top of Page

Exilion
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2002 :  16:25:51  Show Profile  Visit Exilion's Homepage Send Exilion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After watching the first L.O.T.R film about fifteen times, I can't wait to see what the next one is like. If it's as good as the one before that, I'll certainly be the cat that got the cream!

Bring forth power unto my reign
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000