Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Need help finding....
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nyte_of_Chaos
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2004 :  08:49:37  Show Profile  Visit Nyte_of_Chaos's Homepage Send Nyte_of_Chaos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I recently came acrost a monstrous manual or MM style entry for a creature named Shadow Lords, and I am now lost, as I can't find it again, I am looking to use it in a campaign. I recall from reading it that there is something about them where Elminster is alerted any time any of them enter the realms, and that they most recently entered during the time of troubles, and during the spellfire series. I am running a 2nd ed game, if anyone could point me in the right direction, as to where to find it, I would greatly appriciate it.

Nyte

I can hear the voices, I don't want to listen, strap me down and tell me I'll be alright

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2004 :  10:38:38  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
??? ???

I can't help you at all with this... but it does sound "familiar" to me too. Maybe that's one of the crazy stories I found as a book while playing Baldur's Gate a few years ago...
Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2004 :  13:02:34  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nyte_of_Chaos

I recently came acrost a monstrous manual or MM style entry for a creature named Shadow Lords, and I am now lost, as I can't find it again, I am looking to use it in a campaign

I may be a mile wide of the mark here but aren't Shadow Lords the entities that run Ravenloft? I don't mean the lords that run the individual realms but those above them whose attention you draw when you fail a Power Check.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2004 :  14:34:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kahonen

quote:
Originally posted by Nyte_of_Chaos

I recently came acrost a monstrous manual or MM style entry for a creature named Shadow Lords, and I am now lost, as I can't find it again, I am looking to use it in a campaign

I may be a mile wide of the mark here but aren't Shadow Lords the entities that run Ravenloft? I don't mean the lords that run the individual realms but those above them whose attention you draw when you fail a Power Check.

Aren't they referred to as the Dark Powers? I'm not familiar with them being called anything else.

For some reason, "Shadow Lord" is making me think not of a critter, but of either a thieves' guild or a PrC...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2004 :  16:54:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think this poster is talking about the Shadowmasters, aka the Malaugrym. They are in Villian's Lorebook for 2e and Monster's of Faerun for 3e, and the WOTC Player's Guide web file for 3.5e.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2004 :  16:56:03  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Aren't they referred to as the Dark Powers? I'm not familiar with them being called anything else.

Yes, they are called the Dark Powers. :) But tsk tsk Alaundo is going to yell at me again for going off topic.... grumble.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Nyte_of_Chaos
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2004 :  17:43:38  Show Profile  Visit Nyte_of_Chaos's Homepage Send Nyte_of_Chaos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhh Shadow masters, that sounds right. Thank you so much.

N

I can hear the voices, I don't want to listen, strap me down and tell me I'll be alright
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000