Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Everyone please read!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2002 :  17:25:58  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi folks

Just wanted to do a bit of a quick survey, this isnt where id normally post a topic such as this but as this is the most popular forum sub-category then I thought it would be the best place to get everyones attention

We Scribes of Candlekeep are just wondering what usage you all get out of this site and the forum, so If you could please take a moment to answer the following questions then it will be a great help to us:

1) How often do you visit this forum?
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High)

Thanks for your time.

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood

Edited by - Candlekeep Webmaster on 08 Nov 2002 17:28:04

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2002 :  19:32:24  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Usually stop in every day, if I can get connected. Mainly only read the chat, novels, and computer game forums, but usually end up reading all new posts. Never used the current topics button. Always get here from the Candlekeep website, just to see if there's anything new. I'd rate it about a 8, but it's the only D&D site I go to.
Go to Top of Page

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2002 :  19:48:26  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, no prob.

1) I used to visit this site every day... I visit it a little less now since I have other business to attend too and there were little threads I felt I could add something useful.
2) I visited the website several times, but not on a regular basis.
3) Oh well, it can never hurt to know if there's something new to see on the site
4) It would be nice. :) I would not object.
5) Yes all the time. Only when I have some time to spare I surf trough the old posts to see if I have something useful to add.
6) I visit them all. I at least read all the new posts.
7) I'll give you an 8. Tree weeks ago I would have given you a 9 or maybe even a 10. But the serious rule and adventure based threads get very little response. I think that’s really a shame.

I hope that this will do. Just keep up the good work, you are doing nice.

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter

Edited by - Ditalidas on 11 Nov 2002 20:32:17
Go to Top of Page

KlarthAilerion
Acolyte

49 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2002 :  22:54:24  Show Profile  Visit KlarthAilerion's Homepage Send KlarthAilerion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) once a day
2) once a week
3) yes
4) not particularly, but I know some people are
5) yes, definitely
6) yes
7) 8.5
Go to Top of Page

ArcticKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2002 :  02:34:46  Show Profile  Visit ArcticKnight's Homepage Send ArcticKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Multiple times a day , whenever i can actually connect.

2) i connect through the site, i dont come here direct, so as often as i visit here

3) OF COURSE!!!!

4) my personal view is that i have no intreset what-so-ever in fan-fic or other, but canon stuff is cool.

5) Always

6) i visit any area with a new post or post in that area if it pertains to that subject, i try to hang in the NOVEL section the most cuz thats what im mainly into.

7) 8.95

"The man who does not read has little advantage over the man who cannot read."

Go to Top of Page

Darwin Tenderfoot
Seeker

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2002 :  04:03:33  Show Profile  Visit Darwin Tenderfoot's Homepage Send Darwin Tenderfoot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1)I try to visit the forum every day.

2)Same as number 1.

3)Yes, its nice to know when you put something new on the site.

4)Yes, I like reading the fan stories some of them are actually quite good.

5)I have no clue what that is.

6)Yes, I look at every new one if I can.

7)I rate this site a 9.

Keep up the good work my Master Scribes, This is the best FR site on the net.(Beleive me I've looked.

Darwin
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2002 :  05:23:34  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) I visit the forums about once a day.
2) I don't really use the Candlekeep website except for the forums.
3) I'm not really interested in any of the actual site updates, because, like I said, I mainly just use the forums.
4) I'm not really interested in the fan-created articles.
5) Sometimes I use the Active Topics button, but usually I just look for the purple folders that indicate knew posts since my last visit.
6) I look at pretty much all of the forums.
7)I would rate this site as an 8 or 9.
Go to Top of Page

Frey
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2002 :  21:14:24  Show Profile  Visit Frey's Homepage Send Frey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
good example then, 'ey? but, sure, of course.

1) once or twice a week
2) not regularly, probably some six times a year?
3) Hmm, I could be, but I could do without as well
4) yes, surely
5) yep
6) yes, but I mostly end up in the general chat ;)
7) 7 (would be higher if more members would post (as an opposite for some members posting extremely often)), then again, I rate coutiously

keep up the good work

- Imagine ... there's no imagination. -

(remember Frey is just a PC)
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2002 :  08:46:50  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met!
1. Everynight
2. Everynight
3. Yes
4. Not really
5. Yes
6. No
7. 10, Thee best site I've ever seen cocerning AD&D, good job man, keep up the good work!
The Great Drizzt

"Don't poke Drizzt, 'tis highly unsociable!" Drizzt Do'Urden -BG1
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2002 :  09:51:50  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About every weekday, several times per day for a quick check on active posts

Not so often, but when I need to find something Realms-related, I take a peek and see if I can find what I'm looking for.

3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
Yes, one never knows what interesting tid-bit the scribes have come up with

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
Very interested in both. Fan-created more tends to cover areas and detail canon doesn't cover. Canon is always welcome.

Probably the first link I hit when I enter the forum page.

6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?
I prefer the other forums over the 'General Chat' area, too bad they don't get as much response as they do deserve.

Probably a 7,5 or 8 (which is high IMO, I would rarely give out a 9 or 10, those rates bordering on 'perfect')
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2002 :  14:10:33  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Weekdays(1 to 2 times a day depending)
Once, but I will be checking it more often.
Dunno yet.
Canon-YES!
fan- maybe...
No.
Yes.
As Mumadar has said, 9-10 belongs to a perfect site. Considering how long it took me to find this site among the muck of the web ( ), I'd give it a 9.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2002 :  19:00:19  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1.) A few times a week.
2.) Same as above, but there's rarely any new stuff so I don't read it.
3.) Yes.
4.) I want more canon material. Fan literature is okay, but only if I have the time.
5.) Never noticed it before.
6.) Yes, whatever thread has new post on it.
7.) 7.5
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2002 :  18:49:21  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am just new but from early impressions...

Hopefully very often

Once more, I have just discovered it but like what I see

Not right now - maybe in future

Yes

Yes - very useful

Yes

I hope this was of assistance.

Cheers,

TDM.

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)

Edited by - The Defence Minister on 14 Nov 2002 18:50:22
Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2002 :  20:38:25  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

Hi Jay,

1) How often do you visit this forum? Not as often as I'd like to at the moment. A couple of times a week maybe.
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? About the same
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page). They are the first thing I look at when I arrive at the site.
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? Yes
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? No
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? Yes, all of them
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) 10 and a half

Thanks for your time.

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2002 :  11:14:08  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

At least once a day. Usually more than that.

quote:

I rarely visit it. I have already read the FAQ and downloaded the things I needed and that is all I need.

quote:

Sure.

quote:

Indeed.

quote:

I do.

quote:

I also visit the Computer Software catagory as well as Running the Realms and Adventuring.

quote:

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2002 :  20:51:42  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First time today intend to do so often.
Nearly daily
Yes
Yes
Don't know what you mean, I am a newbie
Yes, I will
10 very impressive and very professional I like it a lot! 9

Artalis

Email

Edited by - Artalis on 09 Dec 2002 18:32:35
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2002 :  03:04:06  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1)I make atrip to the forums almost as often as I come to the site.
2)I visit the Candle Keep on a daily basis.
3)I tend to read them every now and then.
4)Yes.
5)I've used it a couple of times.
6)I have now, yes.
7)The Site 9. Very good but it seems to be missing something? The Forum, a big 10. This is a very good forum and I enjoy the community and the members in it.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai

Edited by - Salius Kai on 16 Jan 2003 18:59:24
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2002 :  01:01:57  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) I visit this forum as often as I can.
2) Sad to say very little.
3) Sure.
4) Yes.
5) Most of the time, yes.
6) Indeed I do.
7) 10 because it is very interesting to see people from all over the world participate in debates abou the realm of fantasy and such things as that.

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

Frey
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2002 :  14:13:32  Show Profile  Visit Frey's Homepage Send Frey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know I'va anwered your questions earlier, but in time things may change...
So, imho the content of the forum has improved considerably since I did that. Therefore I visit more often (not to mention I'm on cable now (in stead of modem)).

- Imagine ... there's no imagination. -

(remember Frey is just a PC)
Go to Top of Page

Exilion
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2002 :  16:22:16  Show Profile  Visit Exilion's Homepage Send Exilion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jay,

I usually stop in to everyone forum for atleast half an hour each day, it's great!

Bring forth power unto my reign
Go to Top of Page

Drizzt Do Urden
Acolyte

Netherlands
33 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2003 :  15:54:28  Show Profile  Visit Drizzt Do Urden's Homepage Send Drizzt Do Urden a Private Message  Reply with Quote

How often do you visit this forum?
At least once's a day (now more because i don't have a job)
How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?
Not so much as the Forum, normally i'm going directly to the forum)
Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
I think so.
Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
Both
Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?
I believe so. (don't know for sure)
Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?
I'm checking the wholl forum in time.

How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High)
A 8 at least, maby more in time

Thanks for your time.

[/quote]

Once the Menzoberrenzan Drow run away from the Drow Practices in other cities. Then they settled Menzoberrenzan, and prayed to there evil and mad godess Lolth, the Spider Queen. Then they turned the same way has there far away cousins (isn't that ironic)

Bless Mielikki, and the good people of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2003 :  20:19:36  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? -> Twice a day
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? -> Not very often, let say once or twice a month
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) -> The next update i'm waiting for are the role playing forum and chat
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? ->Yes
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? ->Often
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? -> Sure!
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) -> The site 6.5 and the forum 9
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2003 :  21:38:51  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<...finally digs his way out of a pile of scrolls with his answers to the questionnaire>

1. Every time I log in (see below)
2. Normally every day...at least once a week if I am busy.
3. Occasionally check to see if anything new has been added.
4. Yes definately...hopefully might get around to contributing some of my 'own' lore one day!!
5. First place I go normally.
6. If there's an 'Active Topic' which interests me.
7. 9/10 - keep up the good work!

Go to Top of Page

sushisauce
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2003 :  04:55:10  Show Profile  Visit sushisauce's Homepage Send sushisauce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) When I have time...
2)Same as before...
3)This site gets updated?
4)Very much so...
5)Could not live with it(I must be American!)
6)occassionally...
7)9~ I have an obsession with elves and LOTR which no site can beat...

I feel old, as a tree, but young as one little more than a hundred years growth

Normal is what we choose it to be.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2003 :  15:29:41  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) About everytime I log on; at least once a day.
2) About once every other day, maybe a little less. Great place
for info.
3) I'll skim through it, but unless something jumps out at me I
won't click on anything.
4) Very much so.
5) A lot.
6) Yes, though not as often.
7) Can I say 11?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2003 :  16:39:44  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis

First time today intend to do so often.
Nearly daily
Yes
Yes
Don't know what you mean, I am a newbie
Yes, I will
10 very impressive and very professional I like it a lot! 9

Well it's been a few months and I am no longer a newbie. So it's time to update.

1. I visit the forum several times a day
2. I visit the Candlekeep site proper quite often nearly daily still
3. I watch the site updates with great interest. Especially with regards to a IC forum and possibly chatroom.
4. I read the Campaign Logs every once in a while (Seems I have some catching up to do in this department)
5. I LIVE in the Active Topics section!
6. I try not to restrict myself to any particular part of the forum but I have not read hardly any of the novels and do not buy much in the way of the goodies. So I do end up in General a lot of the time.
7. I rate the site and forum very highly I still give it a 9 but I have an even greater basis for that evaluation now.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Jalfrez
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2003 :  19:32:07  Show Profile  Visit Jalfrez's Homepage Send Jalfrez a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Multiple times a day.
2. Not as much as the forum.
3.yes
4.both
5.no
6.yes
7.10 greatest Forgotten Realms site ive ever seen(tied with wizards.com)

Millike for all
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  03:36:54  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At first never, but after signing up and participating, once a day now.

probably once a day

I check em out whenever I come here

Depending on the subject matter, sure.

Haven't yet.

The first category I went to was the Candlekeep Inn. Very cool that. I love the fact that you have to remain in character! I haven't gone to any others yet, but am planning to in the future.

Hmmmmm. Probably about an 8 or 9. There is alot of useful stuff here, and it's definitely one of the best sites concerning AD&D on the web that I've come accross. I think the only site that is giving you any competition is PlanetADND.com, although they're a different type of site than you are.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  06:54:12  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has changed a little

1) How often do you visit this forum? -> 3 to 4 times a day
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? -> once a week
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) -> I'm quite hppy now, but if something improves, ... why not
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? ->Yes
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? -> Always
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? -> I visit every sections t an equal 'rate' (english?)
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) -> The site 8 and the forum 10
Go to Top of Page

MidNight
Acolyte

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  16:43:12  Show Profile  Visit MidNight's Homepage Send MidNight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Coming here more regularly than before, I think it's time for me to answer these questions too, so here it goes!

About two or three times a day

Just as much, because before visiting the forum, I always take a quick glace at the site, too.

Yes, I always am. That's also why I signed up at the Traveling Minstrel so I'm always up to date.

Yes.

I haven't found out the proper way to use that function yet. But I always read the topics that have new replies.

Yes, all of them, expect for the project category.

The site 9, as well as the forum. And they're only getting better and better.

Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Strive to use magic less as your powers develop, for often the threat or promise of its use outstrips is actual performance. Magic is an Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged it the extreme. Conduct yourself humbly, not proudly, while being mindful of this. Use the Art deftly and efficiently, not carelessly and recklessly. Seek always to learn and create new magic.
Go to Top of Page

Ox
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2003 :  04:53:13  Show Profile  Visit Ox's Homepage Send Ox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1.All of three times so far.
2.All of three times so far.
3.Well, since I've been here all of three times so far, I really have not looked.
4. Certainly.
5. I have not seen that yet, since I've only been here all of three times so far.
6.No
7. From what I have seen so far I like it. I would give it a 9.9999999999998 out of 10, because I have only been here all of three times so far.

Ave Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000