Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Want a new Shadowbane story? (Back D&D ExtraLife!)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  17:40:03  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met, all,

Every year, the Dungeons & Dragons team gets together for a full weekend marathon D&D session (total 56 hours of solid gaming) in order to support Extra-Life, an organization to benefit sick kids.

I'm participating this year, and I need your help to 1) develop the character I'll use during the game, and 2) unlock the super ultimate prize: a brand-new Shadowbane short story.

That's right. SHADOWBANE. A brand-new story, set in Westgate in the interim period between Eye of Justice and Kingdom of Night, the (eventually) forthcoming fourth novel.

How to help? It's easy: go to my page, read over the character options, click "Support Me," and donate. All donations 100% tax deductible, and it supports a really cool cause (gaming to help kids)! And if you feel so inclined, tell your friends! Know someone who likes Shadowbane? This is your opportunity.

Here's my page: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/ESdB

You'll also find several other Realms stars on the D&D Extra-Life team, like Erin Evans and Susan Morris.

Let's do this!

Cheers,
Erik

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 24 Aug 2015 19:08:57

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  19:49:40  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just donated $15.

Forgot to mention your character's power: Arcane Wellspring of ABSOLUTE POWER! +1 spell slot (level equal to donation divided by 10).

Good luck. I hope this gets fully funded.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  21:21:14  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, there will be opportunities to influence the story itself as well.

Check back!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  22:01:54  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Done. So stoked!!
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  22:55:44  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One fifth of the way there.

Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2015 :  00:53:29  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
$50 on its way. Thanks for doing this, Erik!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2015 :  04:29:18  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks all! Your generosity toward sick kids, and toward keeping my character alive, AND toward unlocking a new Shadowbane story has been very well received.

I am currently at $200, which is 40% of my goal!

If you haven't already donated, give my page a look: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/ESdB

Tell your friends about my campaign! Hit up your gaming group! Post on Social Media! The more I raise, the more likely I can write the story, and the longer it will be.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2015 :  22:00:28  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Holy Updates, Bane-Man!

There is now an option to shape the SHADOWBANE story I'm going to write, as follows:

If you donate $40 or more to my campaign, I will name a character, setting, or item in your honor in the story (assuming you want such a prize). This is in addition to any character development prize you select from the above.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2015 :  00:38:10  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spreading the word to another forum where I'm a regular (Ars Technica):

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1292235

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2015 :  17:55:40  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's an update, friends!

I'm at 58% of my goal for helping kids through gaming--and toward writing a new SHADOWBANE story!

http://www.extra-life.org/participant/ESdB

Check it out and help me out if you can! Tell your friends!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2015 :  16:22:56  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bump!

We're at $390 (78%), but that means the story is still $110 away!

Tell your friends! Hit up your gaming group! Demand SHADOWBANE!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2015 :  23:55:40  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An update!

I hit my goal of $500, meaning the story *is* happening! Yes! We did it. You guys are awesome.

The more donations that come in, however, the longer the story will be, and I'll be consulting anyone who pledges over a certain threshold about the contents! (Also, I will *only* be sending the completed story to people who back this campaign at $15 or more, so if you want some more SHADOWBANE, let's do this!)

Also, help me survive the late night game!

http://www.extra-life.org/participant/ESdB

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2015 :  00:43:49  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Erik.

Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2015 :  01:20:13  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome!
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2015 :  01:47:03  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2015 :  10:04:14  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, good news!
Go to Top of Page

lsls
Acolyte

34 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2015 :  05:52:37  Show Profile Send lsls a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations,Erik.and when can we expect your Kingdom of Night?

Go to Top of Page

Malaugryn
Acolyte

Portugal
8 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  13:58:03  Show Profile  Visit Malaugryn's Homepage Send Malaugryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YAY!!!! I love Shadowbane, he is one of my favourite characters in Realms!

Malaugryn Glaundra
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2015 :  04:58:21  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last week to get on this! Currently it's going to be a little over 6,000 words.

The story will be an exclusive, only sent to those who contribute at least $10 to the campaign.

Not too much for a piece of history, is it?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2015 :  11:52:53  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dooo eeeeet......

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqkaa0cc7Z1r25534o1_500.gif
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2015 :  03:41:08  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been away from the Keep for a while because of well... life (school, work, women). I am upset I missed out on this. Do I have any recourse? One question I would really like you to answer is does this short feature Ilira? I find her far more interesting than Shadowbane.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000