Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A single defender
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2014 :  19:12:18  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was talking to my friends about who we would choose to defend Faerūn if we could only choose one. We are talking about 1374 pre-spell plague.

So now I give you the same question.

If you could only choose one person to defend Faesun who would it be. It does not have to be a human, but should not be primordial or divine.

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2014 :  17:23:11  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sojourner.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

eeorey
Seeker

Bulgaria
96 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2014 :  18:08:25  Show Profile Send eeorey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

The Sojourner.

Either him, or Karsus.
Go to Top of Page

Alamadaeo
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2014 :  18:21:34  Show Profile Send Alamadaeo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I'll pick Elminster, since he's done a fine job of it in the past.

Alamadaeo: http://40.media.tumblr.com/4828796b38923a6472e20a2c2e3ab705/tumblr_mfjzc0KBB61qfnq1do3_400.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2014 :  19:04:13  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Larloch...pretty sure he is already doing it in his own way.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2014 :  19:06:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only one person to defend all of Faerūn? Rambo. From what I've seen in the movies, you don't even have to give him any weapons, and he can still defeat an entire army.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kyrel
Learned Scribe

151 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2014 :  01:13:58  Show Profile  Visit Kyrel's Homepage Send Kyrel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll 2nd Larloch, or barring him either Elminster og The Symbul.
Go to Top of Page

SaMoCon
Senior Scribe

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2014 :  04:55:12  Show Profile Send SaMoCon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would take a major modification of a spell and a concerted effort of elven high magic to do it but it would be possible to gate in Chuck Norris. Unless you are talking about some canon character from the realms... less than deity level. I'll chime in for Larloch as well. That old Netherese wizard cum lichlord is manipulating events throughout the realms, showed moxie in his preparations that saved him from the fall (proving his ability to think ahead), and demonstrates abilities that no dragon, demon, or baelnorn has been able to match.

Make the best use of the system that's there, then modify the mechanics that don't allow you to have the fun you are looking for.
Go to Top of Page

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2014 :  05:15:50  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

I was talking to my friends about who we would choose to defend Faerūn if we could only choose one. We are talking about 1374 pre-spell plague.

So now I give you the same question.

If you could only choose one person to defend Faesun who would it be. It does not have to be a human, but should not be primordial or divine.

The Simbul. Her protective instincts combined with her affinity for power ups from Mystra and her ability to Drop Mountain Tops on Pit Fiend Battalions tends to sway me in her direction.....
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  02:46:06  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great stuff...

I'm supprised, that noone picked the Srishee...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000