Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Baldur's Gate II - ToB - Character Stats
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  21:22:44  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Purely out of boredom I challenge anybody here to show me a character capable of defeating *this* Fighter/Mage in an Head-on fight.

Well... not really. I'm actually inviting you to show-off your favorite BG2-character's statistics, just for comparison. But... I bet my guy could kick most of your asses!!!

Ecthelion: (Ooooo... un-original name... bad start.)

Algiment: Chaotic Good
Race: Human
Class: Fighter/Mage [Dual-Classed]
Level: 8/31

-------Statistics:
Strenght: 16 [21]
Dextreity: 18
Constitution: 18
Intelligence: 18
Wisdom: 12
Charisma: 3 [18]
(I knew very well wich Items I would aquire, so I prepared my stats for it.)

(constant) Effects:
-Vocalize
-Protection From Evil
-Haste
-Immunity to Poison/Disease
-1 HP regenerated every 3 sec.
-Immunity to Level Drain
-Immunity to +1 Weapons and Lesser

Hitpoints: 157 [170]
AC: -7
Lore: 103
Base THAC0: 13
THAC0 (With Staff of the Magi): 0
Number of Attacks, with Staff: 3

---Resistances:
Magic: 25%
***Due to Final Quest***
Lightning: 20%
Cold: 20%
Fire: 20%
Immunity to +1 Weapons and Lesser
***Due to Final Quest***

---Proficincies:
Quarter Staff: *****
Crossbow: ****
Two-Handed Weapon: **

---Saving Throws:
Paralyze/Poison/Death: 2 (-6)
Staff/Poison/Wand: -3 (-6)
Petrify/Plymorph: -1 (-6)
Breath Weapon: 1 (-6)
Spell: -2 (-6)

-------Gear:
Helmet:
- Pale Green Ioun Stone
+10% HP
+1 THAC0

Armor:
- Robe of Vecna
AC: base set to 5
Improves casting speed by 4
+10% Magic Resistance

Gridle:
- Gridle of Frost-gigant Strenght
Grants 21 Strenght

Boots:
- Boots of Speed
Haste

Weapon 1:
- Staff of the Magi
Armor Class: +2 bonus
Saving Throws: +2 bonus
Invisibility
Immunity to Charm
Protection From Evil

Fireball-Lightning
Damage: combined lightning and fireball damage
Range: 150 feet
Use: Three times a day

Abilities: Trap Spell
Duration: 8 hours or until 30 spell levels have been trapped
Use: Once a day

Combat Ability (each hit): Dispel Magic
THAC0: +1 bonus (strikes as a +5 weapon)
Damage: 1D6 +1

Weapon 2:
- Crossbow of Searing
THAC0: +1 bonus
Damage: +3 (missile), +2 fire damage
Speed: 9

Amulet:
- Amulet of Power
+5% Magic Resistance Bonus
Vocalize
-1 Decreased Casting Speed
Immune to Level Drain

Cloak:
- Cloak of Protection +2
+2 AC Bonus
+2 Saving Throws

Ring 1:
- Ring of Gaxx
+2 AC Bonus
+2 Saving Throws
+10% Magic Resistance Bonus
Immunity to Disease and Poison
Regenerates 1 HP per 3 seconds
Can Cast:
Invisibility 1 Per day
Improved haste 3 times per day

Ring 2:
- Ring of Human Influence
Sets Charisma to 18
Gives the ability charm human once per day

Bracers:
- Bracers of AC 3
Sets base AC to 3

---Spells:
(Although I *may* deviate from this setting this is usually my 'standard')

Level 1: [Max: 7]
[x6]-Magic Missile
[x1]-Shield

Level 2: [Max: 7]
[x2]-Mirror Image
[x2]-Knock
[x1]-Resist Fear
[x2]-Melf's Acid Arrow

Level 3: [Max: 7]
[x3]-Fireball
[x3]-Flame Arrow
[x1]-Lightning Bolt

Level 4: [Max: 7]
[x2]-Fire Shield (blue)
[x2]-Fire Shield (red)
[x3]-Stone Skin

Level 5: [Max: 7]
[x2]-Breach
[x1]-Domination
[x2]-Lower resistance
[x1]-Shadow Door
[x1]-Sunfire

Level 6: [Max: 7]
[x3]-Chain Lightning
[x1]-Flesh to Stone
[x1]-Mislead
[x1]-True Sight
[x1]-Call Wyvern

Level 7: [Max: 7]
[x2]-Finger of Death
[x1]-Project Image
[x1]-Mantle
[x1]-Spell Turning
[x1]-Spell Sequencer
[x1]-Ray of Reversal

Level 8: [Max: 7]
[x3]-Abi-Dalzim's (Love this spell)
[x2]-Pierce Shield
[x1]-Simulacrum
[x1]-Spell Trigger [See Below]

Level 9: [Max: 7]
[x1]-Imprisonment
[x1]-Meteor
[x2]-Stop Time
[x1]-Improved Alcatry
[x1]-Spellstrike
[x1]-Chain Contigency [See below]

---Chain Contigency:
When:
-Hit
Spells Cast:
-Stone Skin
-Project Image
-Shadow Door
Target:
-Self

---Spell Trigger:
Spells:
-Magic Missile
-Magic Missile
-Magic Missile

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P

Edited by - EcThelion on 20 Jan 2004 11:08:45

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  21:43:42  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'l just tell you of the most basic stoff that I can rememer:
Name: Z'en Z'ar
Race: Elf
Agiliment: Natrual evil (true netrual)
Class: Kensai (fighter)
Statistics:
Strength: 18
Dextreity: 16
Constitution: 18
Intelligence: 11
Wisdom: 12
Charisma: 13
(May be some mistakes, couse my memory isent that good)
HP: 210
Damage: 20-40 critical hit: 50-80
Weapons: Hindos doom and Blackrazor
Nr. of attacks each round: 4(or 3)
Gear: Cant totaly remember but I had a lot of reganeration items as ring of Gaxx and so, so I reaganerated 1 hp every 2. second , but thats all I remember.
NOTE!!
I did acctually play this game three times so I have three diffrent charckters, this is the lates one.

Thats all you get folks, feeling ript of maybe? Huh? Huh? No probably not, but this is all I got anyway, sorry I do not have your memory Forgotten one.

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Edited by - Ezindir the dark on 19 Jan 2004 21:49:31
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  21:45:56  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may have forgotten my name, but there are certain things one simply cannot forgett!

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  21:48:17  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But I dont think you would have won if you dont had casted protection spells first.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  22:26:45  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got Contigency (Chain - Activated upon 50% HP) for the Stone Skin and Fire shields. After (Or before, depending upon how much damage you do) that I cast Stop Time. And that should be the end of you. Stop Time- Improved Alcarty- 6 Magic Missiles (6x5x1D4+1 = 40 - 130 damage) +Fire Arrows alone should end you...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Didn't even have to use all that many spells.

As I see it. the onyl way you would stand a chance would be to backstab me. That might kill me off right away, or to have a wand, and hit me with that right after the backstab.

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  07:53:40  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not if I get the first strike with smite, I'l damage you 60-80 HP and you will be knocked back and be stunned, and then I will probably take you down on the second or third strike.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  10:02:20  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When characters get that level, especially when its between mages, its all about which mage gets the timestop/imprisonment combo off first. Since everyone in their right minds will be wearing vecna and amulet combo, in a 6 on 6 fight, your two sorcerers will most likely take each other out with imprisonments, so yeah...stalemate.

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  11:08:12  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

Not if I get the first strike with smite, I'l damage you 60-80 HP and you will be knocked back and be stunned, and then I will probably take you down on the second or third strike.

You will, naturally, get the first hit, BUT when you strike me you will be suprised!

Allow me to remind you:
---Chain Contigency:
When:
-Hit
Spells Cast:
-Stone Skin
-Project Image
-Shadow Door
Target:
-Self

So when you strike me I will be stoneskined, a Image of me will appear in my place, and I will 'disappear' through a portal, where I will be safe to remain as unconssiuos as I myself please.

My 'clone' will the immediately strike you with the 3*5 Magic Missiles combo, and then run around like a madman untill he can, either, cast a Stop Time spell, or cast Stoneskin upon himself.

And if she should only get Stoneskin, then Stop Time would be coming, anyway. Then you Get Alcatry, and *dead You*

And I didn't even have to do anything for myself

Oh! And I forgott to mention my Hitpoints go up to 170 when I've got a Familliar.

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  11:49:20  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'l just use the spellbok you get in spellhold to cast true sight and then I will finish you.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  12:09:40  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, then. Scenarion:
You come in and Smithe me dealing 60 - 80 [70] damage (Leaving me with 100HP). I (Very likely) make a save and are not rendered unconssious. My Contigency then kicks inn, and you are left there thinking that the Projected image that you are fighting is indeed me.

My Image then, before you manage to cast true seeing, launches a burst of Magic Missiles at you, when seeing that you have started to cast the spell, striking you with 1D4+1*15 damage (30 - 75 [50] damage leaving you with 160. Your spell is then miscast, and you have the choice of either attacking the Image, or trying to recast the spell. You realize the futility of trying to cast the spell, as my Image will easily be able to prevent it from finishing so you attack it. My Image then casts a Stoneskin spell upon itself, and engadges you in a Melee Fight, neither taking, nor dealing, any damage, and when it's aura has cleansed it casts Stop Time.

Whil under the effects of Stop Time it casts Improved Alcatry, and then hits you with 3 Magic Missiles, 3 Flame Arrows, 2 acid arrows, enchants itself with red and blue fire shield, Mirror Image, and a new Stoneskin, in less than one turn.

It then sits back and laughs at it's own stupidity.

When the time Stop ends you are struck with all those spells, but, mireacolusly survive. When you reach the Image it simply casts Imprisonment upon you (0 casting time) and you have lost. Then Image then takes to wondering why it didn't simply cast Imprisonment upon you in the first palce, and end the fight in 3 seconds?

Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  15:34:39  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm with Forgotten One on this one. His victory seems more likely than yours Ezindir.

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  17:12:13  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just killed off all of Drizzt's party with this guy. (You meet them when heading back to Atkathla after the Underdark) Was actually really easy. And I discovered that the 'Simccularum'-creation is not bound by the "max 5 Summons controlled at any given time" rule. I ended up with an army of Wyverns, and Those Djiin-thingies.

(By the Way: Drizzt is fu*king insane! What's up with him? Like 5 attacks per round, or sometihng? Seriously. He can kill my level 50 (Cheat!) Minsc, wearing the same gear he is supposedly wearign with Minsc having 3 in Scimitar, and 2-weapons mastery, without losing a single hitpoint! What's up with that!?)

Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  19:23:07  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back in 2nd ed Drizzt did have 5 attacks per round. There was also some special rules written up for him and only him. I just don't know if they were included in Bg2.

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  20:19:27  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well. A level 16 ranger kickign the ass of a Berserked Level 50 Ranger seems kinda faar-fetched too me. (Minsc didn't sue any 'special' abilities)

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  21:10:00  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cherrn

I'm with Forgotten One on this one. His victory seems more likely than yours Ezindir.

Bah, I will support Ezindir all the way! That faerie elf is my friend.... and Forgotten One has proven his arrogance....I dislike arrogance

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  21:17:22  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cold hard facts doesn't have to mean arrogance Shadowlord

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  21:39:48  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Forgotten One

Okay, then. Scenarion:
You come in and Smithe me dealing 60 - 80 [70] damage (Leaving me with 100HP). I (Very likely) make a save and are not rendered unconssious. My Contigency then kicks inn, and you are left there thinking that the Projected image that you are fighting is indeed me.

My Image then, before you manage to cast true seeing, launches a burst of Magic Missiles at you, when seeing that you have started to cast the spell, striking you with 1D4+1*15 damage (30 - 75 [50] damage leaving you with 160. Your spell is then miscast, and you have the choice of either attacking the Image, or trying to recast the spell. You realize the futility of trying to cast the spell, as my Image will easily be able to prevent it from finishing so you attack it. My Image then casts a Stoneskin spell upon itself, and engadges you in a Melee Fight, neither taking, nor dealing, any damage, and when it's aura has cleansed it casts Stop Time.

Whil under the effects of Stop Time it casts Improved Alcatry, and then hits you with 3 Magic Missiles, 3 Flame Arrows, 2 acid arrows, enchants itself with red and blue fire shield, Mirror Image, and a new Stoneskin, in less than one turn.

It then sits back and laughs at it's own stupidity.

When the time Stop ends you are struck with all those spells, but, mireacolusly survive. When you reach the Image it simply casts Imprisonment upon you (0 casting time) and you have lost. Then Image then takes to wondering why it didn't simply cast Imprisonment upon you in the first palce, and end the fight in 3 seconds?

As you might not have thougth of I wear some items that give me Magic resistans and I also have permanent 15% magic resistans so almost all of your magic missiles will not work and neiter will your flame arrow do mach damage, and if I fail the spell, as it is not very big chance for that I do since with a little luck your magic missiles will not work at me, I will easely cill your image with some blows amyway, and then I will, as said before , finish you.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  21:45:31  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha! See Cherrn, my trust was not misplaced.....

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  23:08:41  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You seem to somehow have forgotten to take into account one of the most powerful spells yet deviced. Imprisonment. Remember that there is no save vs. that spell. If struck by it, complete and utter doom is guarranteed.

Let me see, then. (I've got alot of spare time)

I'll assume that you have... 35% magic resistance (Pretty high, actually) and take that into account.... I'll make a small estimate of the damage I *might* deal to you, then.

Magic Missiles = [total] 30 missiles -35% = 19(.5) Total damage = 1D4+1*19= 95 Magical damage.

Flame Arrows = [Total] 3X -35% (ie. 1 'bolt') = 72 [120]
X:
2D6 = 6 Damage [Save Vs. Spell] (Fire)
1D6 = 3 Damage [no Save] (Piercing)
2D6 = 6 Damage [no save] (Fire)
2D6 = 6 Damage [Save Vs. Spell] (fire)
1D6 = 3 Damage [no save] (Piercing)
2D6 = 6 Damage [no save] (Fire)
1D6 = 3 Damage [No save] (Piercing)
2D6 = 6 damage [No save] (Fire)
1D6 = 3 Damage [No save] (Piercing)
2D6 = 6 damage [No save] (Fire)
Fire Damage [No Save] = 24 + Piercing Damage [No Save] = 12 + Fire Damage [Save Vs. Spell] = 24 = Total Damage: 36 [60]

Acid Arrows: 2Y -35% (ie. Nothing) = 64 (over 42 seconds)
Y:
2D4 = 4 Damage [No save] (Acid)
2D4 = 4 Damage [No save] (Acid) (6 seconds)
2D4 = 4 Damage [No save] (Acid) (12 seconds)
2D4 = 4 Damage [No save] (Acid) (18 seconds)
2D4 = 4 Damage [No save] (Acid) (24 seconds)
2D4 = 4 Damage [No save] (Acid) (30 seconds)
2D4 = 4 Damage [No save] (Acid) (36 seconds)
2D4 = 4 Damage [No save] (Acid) (42 seconds)
Acid Damage: 32

Damage to you:
Magic Damage: 95
Fire Damage: 48 [96]
Piercing Damage: 24
Acid Damage: 64 (over 42 seconds)
TOTAL DAMAGE: 231 [279] (after 42 secnods)

And this is *NOT* taking into account what the Red/Blue fire shield would do to you, and what other fancy spells the Image might be able to hit you with before you are able to dispel it/kill it/it's unsummoned. And EVEN THEN you've got to face me, with all my spells intact. (As a matter fo fact I've even got the Triggered *3Magic Missile ready for use)

Face it, man. You simply CAN NOT defeat me (No pun intended). Mages rock.

And shloud you, somehow, survive that I'll jsut cast "The Imploding orb of Ecthelion" upon you, dealing 100D100 crushing damage, and instant death with no save on you.

quote:
Bah, I will support Ezindir all the way! That faerie elf is my friend.... and Forgotten One has proven his arrogance....I dislike arrogance

Now... why do you think I am using that Ring, eh?
And I am quite aware that my arrogance will be my downfall. (In Diablo II it has been my downfall more than a few times (I have lost 3 Necromancers due to it!!!))

Edited by - EcThelion on 20 Jan 2004 23:26:37
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  23:27:05  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Point Taken . Also, cant he rush, cast time stop, improved alacrity, and spell immunity abjuration? Ha!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  23:33:31  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh! And, just to twist the knife a little, I can add that I could jsut have cast those 2 lower Magic Resistance (*2=60%) on you during the time stop, and 3 Fireballs, 1 Lightning Bolt, 1 Chain Lightning, 2 fingers of Death, and Half-cast a Abi-Dazim's Horrid Witing

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  08:10:57  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which, if he has a high enough magic resistance, he can avoid taking damage for at all! Ha!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  12:26:39  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Notice -60% Magic resistance. And Abi-Dalzim's bypasses Magic Resistance.

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  14:10:53  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Note: I f I have high enough magic resistance you will not be able to hurt me, and anyway if I cast Improved whirvelwind you can kiss your stoneskin godbay pretty fast and you will proablly not be able too cast all those spells since you probably will lose your consentrasion. And I think I had like 50-60 resistance, cant really remember tought.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  16:44:31  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a puny attempt... are you purpousefully ignoring the statistics?

Take Note: -60% Magic resistance. And even if you had 60% magic res all those spells would kill you, and I don't need to make a con. check 'cuz I can cast them all in less than 1 round, and my timestop lasts for 3 rounds.

In addition to that I have 20 layers of stoneskin, and you will take 5 - 10 fire/cold damage every time you hit me... no... not ME, but MY IMAGE! My Illusion will kill you EASILY, and I will STILL BE ABLE TO KILL YOU TWO TIMES OVER AFTER THAT!

My Image can deal 300 - 400 damage to you in less than 1 round. (-60% MAGIC RESISTANCE!) And even after that Can hit you with Imprisonment, Abi-Dalzims, and summon a few Wiverns, and stuff before it disappears. THEN You'll have to face ME. I will the cast Time Stop (I've got stoneskin, and I don't think you can do 21 attacks in 1 round, in addition to moving the distance I would be away from you), Improved Alcarty, Simcularum, And then the two of uss will hit you for about 5 - 600 damage, and cast Imprisonment on you 2 more times.

So far You've died 5 - 6 times, here.

You've passed away. You've gone to meet his maker! You're in the Halls of Mandos!!! Give up! You simply cannot defeat me*!!! I RULE YOU! And you are simply making yourself look WORST by stubbornly refusing to agknowlege it! And It's annoying!

WOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  20:51:23  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Forgotten One

What a puny attempt... are you purpousefully ignoring the statistics?

Take Note: -60% Magic resistance. And even if you had 60% magic res all those spells would kill you, and I don't need to make a con. check 'cuz I can cast them all in less than 1 round, and my timestop lasts for 3 rounds.

In addition to that I have 20 layers of stoneskin, and you will take 5 - 10 fire/cold damage every time you hit me... no... not ME, but MY IMAGE! My Illusion will kill you EASILY, and I will STILL BE ABLE TO KILL YOU TWO TIMES OVER AFTER THAT!

My Image can deal 300 - 400 damage to you in less than 1 round. (-60% MAGIC RESISTANCE!) And even after that Can hit you with Imprisonment, Abi-Dalzims, and summon a few Wiverns, and stuff before it disappears. THEN You'll have to face ME. I will the cast Time Stop (I've got stoneskin, and I don't think you can do 21 attacks in 1 round, in addition to moving the distance I would be away from you), Improved Alcarty, Simcularum, And then the two of uss will hit you for about 5 - 600 damage, and cast Imprisonment on you 2 more times.

So far You've died 5 - 6 times, here.

You've passed away. You've gone to meet his maker! You're in the Halls of Mandos!!! Give up! You simply cannot defeat me*!!! I RULE YOU! And you are simply making yourself look WORST by stubbornly refusing to agknowlege it! And It's annoying!

WOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Listen: How can you do that much damage on so little time, explain in short terms please since I am sick of reading your long post. And you seem too change the spell in your spell Contigency all the time. And anyway, how can you cast them on under a round, and I am not being hurt of your magic missiles, and... and thats all. ANSWER ME!!

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  21:35:36  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*sigh*

You know this spell called "Improved Alcatry" (Or something like that) it enables you to cast spells after one an another without that "only 1 spell per turn"-crap, something wich limits the amount of spells you can cast per roud to how long time it takes to cast it.
(ie. I could fire 4 Magic Missile Spells in 4 seconds, as they take 1 second to cast each.)

I, as you may have noticed, am wearing items that give me a -5 casting time bonus to all my spells, that combined with Improved Alcatry means that I can, theoretically, cast an unlimited amount of magic misiles per second (Magic Missiles Casting Time: 1-5=0). But let's not get into that crap...

See Here Now:
Magic Missiles Casting Time: 1 (-5=0)
Melf's Acid Arrow Casting Time: 2 (-5=0)
Flame Arrow Casting Time : 3 (-5=0)
Lightning Bolt Casting Time : 3 (-5=0)
Fireball Casting Time: 3 (-5=0)
Fire Shield Red/Blue Casting Time: 4 (-5=0)
Stoneskin Casting Time: 0 (-5=0)
Lower Resistance Casting Time: 5 (-5=0)
Finger of Death Casting Time: 5 (-5=0)
And I cas a total of... let me see now... 19 spells.
So the total casting time fo all those sells equals too... you guessed it... Z.E.R.O. (19*0=0)

And now, thanks to my Cleansed Aura, I can cast all those spells at you/(me) in less than the time it would take to cast a single magic missile spell. (Theoretically, ofcourse. Inn-game it'd take about 1 second, or so )

quote:
And you seem too change the spell in your spell Contigency all the time.

The one in my second post was wrong. The one in my first post has remained the same the whole time. (I added it after my second post.... sue me)

quote:
I am not being hurt of your magic missiles

So you have 100% Magical Damage Resistance, now then?
(For the third time... your 60% of magic resistance will.... I repeat... WILL be removed by the two "Lower Magic Resistance" Spells. And I highly dubt that you have 100% Magical Damage Resistance. (Atleast not without cheating. That much is for shure...)

But now I got to go, 'cuz "Team Antonsen" is starting and, therefore, do not have tiem to add fun colours to my post.

I hope this cleared things up for uss both.

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  21:39:45  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wich mage lv are you really?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  22:11:04  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can't win Ezindir, back in 2nd edition, which is what the BG series is based on, the mage will be more powerful than all the other classes. That's why the mage took longer to lvl cos he needed more xp to gain those lvls. In a 1 on 1 duel, fighter vs mage, the mage would win easily each time.

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  22:20:30  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes but can well fight on as long as I can anyway, and I dont think that he has three lv 9 spells. And his projekted image does not have it as it is onley 60% of the caster, if thats the right spell , thats what my memory tells me anyway.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  22:46:37  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My mage level is 31! That is the max Mage/Sorceror level for Baldur's Gate II - Throne of Bhaal. I then have 7 memorizable spells on all the spell levels. (I have the 2DA-file open right here in front of me)

Hey. Man. I'll give 'ya this; You *might* have won if you got a critical hit on me... if it hadn't been for the fact that I'm a Fighter/Mage. Even though I've only got 8 levels those 8 levels gave me 124 Hitpoints.

quote:
Yes but can well fight on as long as I can anyway, and I dont think that he has three lv 9 spells. And his projekted image does not have it as it is onley 60% of the caster, if thats the right spell , thats what my memory tells me anyway.

The "Project Image" spell is an EXACT [100% Spells, HP, etc] replica of the caster. The only downside about that spell is that you loose controll over the caster and that if he is hit then the Image disappears. (But thanks to my shadow door [Cast after the Image appears. That's actually Impossible, uncless you use Cintigency to sort it out], you can't see me) The one your thinking about is Simcularum (or however it's spelled) It's a 8-levels spell. It's better than Project Image in the way that you can controll it and the Mage at the same time, but worse in theway that it's only got 60% HP, Spells. (Still - that's 60% more spells!)

Aaaaand... just for fun The Mage Level Table:
MAGE
Level 1: 0
Level 2: 2500
Level 3: 5000
Level 4: 10000
Level 5: 20000
Level 6: 40000
Level 7: 60000
Level 8: 90000
Level 9: 135000
Level 10: 250000
Level 11: 375000
Level 12: 750000
Level 13: 1125000
Level 14: 1500000
Level 15: 1875000
Level 16: 2250000
Level 17: 2625000
Level 18: 3000000
Level 19: 3375000
Level 20: 3750000
Level 21: 4125000
Level 22: 4500000
Level 23: 4875000
Level 24: 5250000
Level 25: 5625000
Level 26: 6000000
Level 27: 6375000
Level 28: 6750000
Level 29: 7125000
Level 30: 7500000
Level 31: 7875000 [Me! ]
Level 32: 8250000
Level 33: 8625000
Level 34: 9000000
Level 35: 9375000
Level 36: 9750000
Level 37: 10125000
Level 38: 10500000
Level 39: 10875000
Level 40: 11250000
Level 41: 11625000
Level 42: 12000000
Level 43: 12375000
Level 44: 12725000
Level 45: 13100000
Level 46: 13475000
Level 47: 13875000
Level 48: 14225000
Level 49: 14625000
Level 50: 15000000

And the Fighter level Table!

FIGHTER
Level 1: 0
Level 2: 2000
Level 3: 4000
Level 4: 8000
Level 5: 16000
Level 6: 32000
Level 7: 64000
Level 8: 125000 [Me! ]
Level 9: 250000
Level 10: 500000
Level 11: 750000
Level 12: 1000000
Level 13: 1250000
Level 14: 1500000
Level 15: 1750000
Level 16: 2000000
Level 17: 2250000
Level 18: 2500000
Level 19: 2750000
Level 20: 3000000
Level 21: 3250000
Level 22: 3500000
Level 23: 3750000
Level 24: 4000000
Level 25: 4250000
Level 26: 4500000
Level 27: 4750000
Level 28: 5000000
Level 29: 5250000
Level 30: 5500000
Level 31: 5750000
Level 32: 6000000
Level 33: 6250000
Level 34: 6500000
Level 35: 6750000
Level 36: 7000000
Level 37: 7250000
Level 38: 7500000
Level 39: 7750000
Level 40: 8000000
Level 41: 8250000
Level 42: 8500000
Level 43: 8750000
Level 44: 9000000
Level 45: 9250000
Level 46: 9500000
Level 47: 9750000
Level 48: 10000000
Level 49: 10250000
Level 50: 10500000

As you can see that makes out EXACTLY 8.000.000 XP wich, oddly enough, is the ToB XP Cap. (It's capped at XP, not level)

Now I could start laying out how and why I have that may hitpoints, and my THAC0, and stuff, but you yourself said that you didn't read it, so why bother?

Hey... I may not know much about REAL AD&D (penn & paper-style!)... but I know my computer Games.

EDIT: Might as well post the Spell Table as well.

- - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
04 - 3 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
05 - 4 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
06 - 4 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0
07 - 4 3 2 1 0 0 0 0 0
08 - 4 3 3 2 0 0 0 0 0
09 - 4 3 3 2 1 0 0 0 0
10 - 4 4 3 2 2 0 0 0 0
11 - 4 4 4 3 3 0 0 0 0
12 - 4 4 4 4 4 1 0 0 0
13 - 5 5 5 4 4 2 0 0 0
14 - 5 5 5 4 4 2 1 0 0
15 - 5 5 5 5 5 2 1 0 0
16 - 5 5 5 5 5 3 2 1 0
17 - 5 5 5 5 5 3 3 2 0
18 - 5 5 5 5 5 3 3 2 1
19 - 5 5 5 5 5 3 3 3 1
20 - 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 2
21 - 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 2
22 - 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3
23 - 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 3
24 - 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4
25 - 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5
26 - 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5
27 - 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5
28 - 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6
29 - 7 7 7 7 6 6 6 6 6
30 - 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 6 6
31 - 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 [Me! ]
32 - 8 8 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
33 - 8 8 8 8 7 7 7 7 7
34 - 8 8 8 8 8 8 7 7 7
35 - 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 7
36 - 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8
37 - 9 9 8 8 8 8 8 8 8
38 - 9 9 8 8 8 8 8 8 8
39 - 9 9 9 9 8 8 8 8 8
40 - 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 8 8
41 - 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8
42 - 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
43 - 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
44 - 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
45 - 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
46 - 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
47 - 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
48 - 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
49 - 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
50 - 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9

Hope you don't mind the sloppy presentation.

Edited by - EcThelion on 21 Jan 2004 22:53:16
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000