Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Spoilers: alpha-5E leaked set!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2012 :  18:52:17  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
5E SPOILER ALERT!

DON'T click this if you want to avoid serious spoilers on the 5E game!

Leaked copy of Alpha version of 5E D&D!

That's right, someone stole an early version and brought it home!

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2012 :  19:01:05  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't wait to see a Halfhalfling Failmonk.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2012 :  19:04:32  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrant

I can't wait to see a Halfhalfling Failmonk.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2012 :  19:13:48  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hilarious.

Though "My Little Owlbear" sounds brilliant. Someone email this idea to Hasbro!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2012 :  19:29:56  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Hilarious.

Though "My Little Owlbear" sounds brilliant. Someone email this idea to Hasbro!

I know, totally brilliant! Now I want one.

Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2012 :  19:38:23  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's stupid, who'd want to play the Racist class when you can be a Magic Racist! They'd better fix that in the Beta.

Maybe there's a "the holocaust never happened" spell, who would anger the spell-plagued very much.

Edited by - Kilvan on 13 Jan 2012 19:39:35
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2012 :  20:00:30  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
great link Therise!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2012 :  21:08:58  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see some of the races and classes from Progress Quest. I had a rather high level Demi-Canadian Bastard Lunatic I'd like to play in D&D ...

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  21:16:29  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where can I get a Coho Salmon?

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  21:23:59  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL, even the grognards from Candlekeep get to shine in the new version. Yay!

great link Therise
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  21:35:02  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nobody does text anymore *pouts*

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  22:35:16  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really want to hate that, but I can't - it's very funny.

I'm not sure I want to know what the Pipe Cleaners were for (Elminster?)

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  12:18:25  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Imp
Learned Scribe

231 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  12:26:00  Show Profile Send Imp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The one thing that I like about it is that it's not for real.

[url=http://expensiveautomobile.com/2009-bmw-3-series-uk-version/]2009 bmw 3 series uk version[/url] [url=http://expensiveautomobile.com/2009-bmw-3-series-touring-uk-version/]2009 bmw 3 series touring uk version[/url]
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  15:03:16  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's great to see that folks are approaching this with openness and unbiased attitudes. Given the way that the release of 4th Edition disappointed some people, it would have been unsurprising had this been an attack. I'm glad they didn't drop to that low standard though.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.

Edited by - Kiaransalyn on 29 Jan 2012 15:03:42
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000