Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Incubi and Succubi
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  00:04:04  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Could someone direct me to a good source of the good ol' sex demons? (FR please) And how would someone go about playing one?

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  00:07:20  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not strictly FR, but SuccuWiki has a LOT of great art, though some of it is pretty racy. And a lot of great info besides.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 15 Mar 2011 00:37:02
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  00:09:10  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On incubi? Racy incubi artwork? :D
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  00:12:43  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wikipedia and FR Wiki have many pages about (D&D, fantasy, and mythological/historical) succubi. The various monster entries provide basic information for playing one.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  00:13:08  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, and all the FR named demons (incubi, succubi, etc.) are there too. It's a pretty good source.

Dang! I forgot my Username/Password there. Hmmm.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Edited by - Fellfire on 15 Mar 2011 00:38:08
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  00:25:51  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could someone make an example of how to play a monster race pease?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  00:37:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The various 2e Planescape Monstrous Compendiums remain some of the best sources.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  01:00:36  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't really have any expirience... I don't have anyone to play with. I jist make characters and write out their story lnes. But I'd like to make an Incubs 4e style a least. I have no clue how to do that. The only place in 4e, that I inw of that has Incubi is in the Demonomicon, which, for some reason, left out Succubi.
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  03:04:02  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's because they are basically the same thing. They can change their sex. In D&D lore, and incubus/succubus can be either male or female, depending on the mood/requirement of situation, ect.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  03:09:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tradwitch1313

Depends on the race.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  03:15:27  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The "mood and situation" really depend on the fiend's target. More specifically, on assuming the gender/form which best exploits that target's preferences.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  03:17:53  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's sort of what I was getting at. Whichever gender would tempt the victim the most.

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  03:17:55  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not quite true Alystra. While Succubi can change shape, Incubi were given a separate write-up somewhere. I remember the picture being awesome. A goat-legged, shark-toothed demon with horns like an ORYX. I wish I could remember where I saw that. It had a very Planescape feel to it. Probably 2e, but possibly 3rd. I believe they were foot soldiers and assassins in the Blood War.

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 15 Mar 2011 03:21:48
Go to Top of Page

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  03:27:56  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is the result of an Incubus/Succubus pairing?
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  03:37:22  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AFAIK, the incubus in Planscape was under the succubus heading. If there was a separate listing for them somewhere, it was probably elsewhere. Maybe the 3rd ed BoVD or Fiend Folio? The creature you are describing sounds more like a goat-demon (forgot the name) or Possibly Baphomet, who is a major demon. There is also the Cambions, but they don't match that appearance. Planescape had succubi as shape-shifters who could take a male form if desired. (my hubby says they did have a heading somewhere, but he doesn't know where. A PS MM, perhaps? But the box set only described them together, as a dual-sexed being.

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  03:45:33  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Lilitu deserves a mention here.

This demon could easily be mistaken for a beautiful woman at a glance, a lithe and graceful figure destined to inflame desire in those around her. A closer look, however, reveals sharp talons, vacant white eyes, and cloven feet, distorting and perverting that beauty into something far more disturbing. Burnt and broken fragments of wings protrude from her back, and her four writhing, ten-foot-long, sting-tipped tails give testament to her ruinous nature.

The sly and seductive lilitus are masters of mocking the divine. They infiltrate temples, corrupt priests, and slowly convert their victims to the worship of the demon lords.

pp.43-44 Fiendish Codex I

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 15 Mar 2011 03:46:07
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  03:55:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by tradwitch1313

Depends on the race.

Indeed.

And, besides, most of the relevant "Monster" and "Race" books published by Wizards and other third-party publishers provide more than enough examples for many characters of this type.

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  03:57:18  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found it in Dragon #353 in the Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Malcanthet. I'm searching for a pic on the 'net.

HERE. 3/4 of the way down, beneath all the kanji.

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 15 Mar 2011 04:08:13
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  04:15:58  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can I get that in English, Alex?

My stories:

Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  20:26:14  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Incubi and Succubi are seperate in FR thankfully. It has said that Succubi are specifically women and vice-versa. Does anyone know where good lore can be found on them? Seeing as I only have the FR player's guide, it would be hard for me to attempt an oncubus. Fellfire, if you can, can you make me a 3.5e incubus?
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  21:18:48  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to be a pedant: the vice-versa on that statement would be "it is said that women are specifically succubi", which is actually something I can't entirely disagree with.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

ChieftainTwilight
Learned Scribe

171 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  21:25:19  Show Profile Send ChieftainTwilight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well, I have played 3rd edition and 3.5 edition, and the Monster Manual states in the Succubus entry that an Incubus is just what you call a male Succubus. they use the same stats.

and a heart can only break so many times
and I've been to hell and back so many times
and I've seen folks walk away so many times
but just like anyone else I gotta stand up by myself
and a heart can only break so many times
a heart can only break so many times
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2011 :  22:21:17  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can someone pretty please me an Incubus Infernal Pact Warlock and an Incubus Psion? I would try to but again, I don't have any of the books handy right now.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  00:18:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Can someone pretty please... what?" I think you're missing something there.

Edited by - The Sage on 16 Mar 2011 00:19:45
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  00:55:25  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oops, lol. *make me
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  01:06:27  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol, I hate to complain about such trivialities as typos and spelling errors, but ye've gotta ensure your message is readable if ye want any sort of meaningful response, tradwitch1313.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  01:15:11  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm typing on a Nook and they have awful touch screens, so letters or words might get extremely mixeed up. I've been doing myhest lately to keep it clear.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  02:55:02  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hah! I didn't even notice that. Your posts are always so jammed up. I wish someone would pretty please me. Are we still talking about Succubi?

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 16 Mar 2011 02:55:33
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  11:03:26  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Incubi and Succubi yes lol
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  14:34:05  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
tradwitch, are you asking for a mechanical writeup that you could actually play in the game? And which edition did you mean (for clarity)?

quote:
Originally posted by jordanz

Probably another incubus/succubus, but it's debatable whether demons can routinely breed with one another. Does anyone know of any specific, updated ruling on the subject?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2011 :  17:41:01  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

tradwitch, are you asking for a mechanical writeup that you could actually play in the game? And which edition did you mean (for clarity)?

quote:
Originally posted by jordanz

Probably another incubus/succubus, but it's debatable whether demons can routinely breed with one another. Does anyone know of any specific, updated ruling on the subject?

Cheers

I know old Planescape Fiends of Evil or sth like that - the best on the topic of fiends and their evolution and looks and breeding.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000