Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Portals in Cormyr
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Solan Vulutia
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2009 :  00:22:09  Show Profile  Visit Solan Vulutia's Homepage Send Solan Vulutia a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello everyone. Recently I've begun to ponder the location of the portals that I keep reading about in Cormyr. The ones the king and the War Wizards seem to use frequently. Does anyone know of a list or the locations or such portals and where each one connects to? Thanks in advance! By the way, the current timeline we're in is 1370

Mr_Miscellany
Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2009 :  00:46:14  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Solan,

I don't know that there's an extensive list of all of Cormyr's many portals. The best I can suggest is to download a free copy of Volo's Guide to Cormyr from the Old Editions Downloads page on the Wizards of the Coast website.

[edit] Forgot to mention to you that Ergdusch has a scroll on this shelf about Cormyr that has some information (and links to articles) on portals that can be found in Cormyr.

Edited by - Mr_Miscellany on 10 Nov 2009 00:48:14
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  08:29:58  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll provide you with the link, Solan.

Here you will find some information you might be looking for: Looking for all about Cormyr.

Special for your interests might be the link to the Perilous Gateways article featured in Cormyr: The Cormyr Portal and the "The Doors from Everywhere" adventure in Dungeon Magazine #88.

Aside from that I have not been able to find that much more portals in Cormyr. There are some in the Haunted Halls that have been mentioned very recently in the 'Looking for Cormyr' thread. So you might want to read throught the last page of that thread.

And concerning the Suzail Palace - I believe, there are far too many portals for even Vangy to remember them all!

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 11 Nov 2009 08:31:28
Go to Top of Page

Gang Falconhand
Seeker

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  11:02:05  Show Profile  Visit Gang Falconhand's Homepage Send Gang Falconhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not so much a portal, but there's a fey crossroads near the Knightswood Nine that leads to the Heroes' Garden in Waterdeep.

"If you have a quality let it define you."
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2009 :  20:50:26  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have all my notes with me, but a number of Cormyrean gates are revealed in Ed's novels: look at Stormlight, Crown of Fire, Cormyr and its sequels, Elminster's Daughter, and the Knights books.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2009 :  07:10:25  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

I don't have all my notes with me, but a number of Cormyrean gates are revealed in Ed's novels: look at Stormlight, Crown of Fire, Cormyr and its sequels, Elminster's Daughter, and the Knights books.

IIRC some portals of Suzail Palace are being mentioned in Elminster in Hell as well.

Go to Top of Page

Sandro
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
266 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2009 :  07:55:12  Show Profile Send Sandro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

IIRC some portals of Suzail Palace are being mentioned in Elminster in Hell as well.

Aye, there are at least a few mentions of them in that novel.

"Gods, little fishes, and spells to turn the one to the other," Mordenkainen sighed. "It's started already..."
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2009 :  15:43:29  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a portal from Suzail to Dhedluk.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2009 :  19:38:31  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rhewtani

There's a portal from Suzail to Dhedluk.

Do you happen to have the source of this in mind?

Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2009 :  15:22:49  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/dhedluk.htm
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2010 :  22:15:28  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just stumbled across one more portal in Cormyr:

There is a certain one-way-only portal leading from the Farlight Stones (a hill in an uninhabited corner in southeastern Daggerdale with a little bowl at the top - with a small ring of standing stones , not visible from below) to Muskin's Well (a small pool just below a well that feeds it) in the Hullack Forest near Firefall Keep.

The Lady Harper Storm travels through it in chapter 3 of Stormlight, p.39-43.

Edited by - Ergdusch on 01 Feb 2010 22:36:58
Go to Top of Page

Afetbinttuzani
Senior Scribe

Canada
434 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2010 :  05:38:59  Show Profile  Visit Afetbinttuzani's Homepage Send Afetbinttuzani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you download the pdf of Volo's Guide to Cormyr from the WOTC site you can keyword search it for "portal", there are a number of references to them; both specific and general.

Afet bint Tuzaní

"As the good Archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself."
- Danilo Thann in Elfsong by Elaine Cunningham

Edited by - Afetbinttuzani on 03 Feb 2010 05:39:42
Go to Top of Page

Calmar
Acolyte

49 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2010 :  23:16:32  Show Profile Send Calmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This could be of interest for you:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/pg/20030528a
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000