Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If you were to invent a deity for the realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  03:33:57  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In any time period. Who would they be? Their portfolio and nature? Give a description!

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  03:39:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A non-malicious Trickster. No deity of the Faerūnian pantheon really covers mischief.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  04:24:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

A non-malicious Trickster. No deity of the Faerūnian pantheon really covers mischief.

I've got an Faerūnian aspect of Erevan in my Realms. She's pretty much the atypical trickster-god, whose strictly neutral. I've actually been modelling her to be a little like the current interpretation of the "female" Loki in Marvel Comics -- though not as sinister.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  05:12:19  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brandaboris, Garl Glittergold, and Erevan Ilsere seem like non-malicious tricksters! Humans can still worship them.

I never thought that there were enough demideities. I sort of always thought there should be a pyramid of gods with the most demigods, then less Lesser gods, less Intermediate gods, and least Greater deities.

Isit
LN Demigoddess
Portfolio: Order in nature, conformity, and insects (especially bees and ants)
Allies: Silvanus, The Red Knight, Siamorphe, and Savras.
Foes: Talos.
Symbol: Bee Hive or Pyramid

Silvanus is the God of wild nature, but what about orderly nature? I would have her spring forth from Silvanus from Lawful portions of his being, or a very lawful worshiper who is elevated. Her worshipers would see as law and order being the most important and powerful forces. They'd mostly living in regimented communes, abbeys, and monasteries shut out from the chaotic world.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  06:27:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrHedgehog

Brandaboris, Garl Glittergold, and Erevan Ilsere seem like non-malicious tricksters! Humans can still worship them.

Humans can worship them... But none of them are human deities. I want a human Trickster deity, one who engages in mischief just for laughs and for the hell of it. He or she doesn't have to be any more powerful than a demipower, just so long as they're there.

Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  07:02:28  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did we ever decide if there was a true god of time in Faerun? I think we decided the portfolio should go to Oghma...

Well, if not, I think a deity of Time would be in order.

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  07:23:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Faerūnian pantheon does not have a specific deity of time any more. Mystryl was the Netherese deity of time, even though Amaunator believed he was actually the deity of time [see Amaunator's entry in F&A].

The absense of any Time portfolio among any pantheons [excluding that held by Labelas] indicates that there is currently no true emphasis of the Time portfolio on Toril at this point. I'm content to believe that the Time portfolio is currently unclaimed in the human pantheons... it's largely supported by the lore and we've seen nothing to suggest otherwise at this point. Eric may have other ideas for the portfolio itself... something that couldn't be explored properly in the material for F&P or LEoF and so held back on it until it could be treated completely:-

"I agree, it's pretty unclear at the moment, and I'm not sure I'd want to be definitive about it until some future project (I have nothing in mind) called for it. (In other words, leave room for further development.)

--Eric"

For myself, I'd say it should probably be given to Jergal.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  07:25:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interestingly, I've also thought about the possibility that the Time portfolio may have ended up in the hands of Labelas...

To which, Eric added:- "...depending on whether you see the human kingdom of Orva being a Netherese survivor state."

Orva's status as a human kingdom is probable [see the 'Orva' details in the second paragraph of Labelas's entry], according to Eric, who said:- "I add the [probable] qualifier because I had to insert a little bit of Realmslore in Demihuman Deities in the write-up of Labelas Enoreth. (Look at the alias list.) This was to patch up the lack of a time portfolio among any human Realms god and because the only gods left to detail at the time were nonhuman gods.

--Eric"

Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  09:31:07  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd introduce Xan Yae (Greyhawk) into the Realms, or something alike. A neutral Lesser Deity of Shadows and Stealth, perfectly suited for all kinds of "rogues" and/or adventurers. (Minor info in Complete Divine - never heard of her anywhere else.)

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerūn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  09:48:52  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Interestingly, I've also thought about the possibility that the Time portfolio may have ended up in the hands of Labelas...

To which, Eric added:- "...depending on whether you see the human kingdom of Orva being a Netherese survivor state."

Orva's status as a human kingdom is probable [see the 'Orva' details in the second paragraph of Labelas's entry], according to Eric, who said:- "I add the [probable] qualifier because I had to insert a little bit of Realmslore in Demihuman Deities in the write-up of Labelas Enoreth. (Look at the alias list.) This was to patch up the lack of a time portfolio among any human Realms god and because the only gods left to detail at the time were nonhuman gods.

--Eric"

Hmmm... yet there are elven ruins predating Orva in the Vast Swamp, which would indicate that even before Thauglor elves claimed the land as their own, right? And, Orva most likely didn't co-exist with Cormanthir (Iliphar's "kingdom"), which means that it should have existed long *before* Thauglor's reign and Netheril's fall, but still after the "first" elven kingdom in the area? Or am I confusing something?

In my own campaign, I decided that Orva was actually a "survivor state" of Thaeraevel's sorcerers, some of whom were "corrupted" into the Witch Lords by the abyssal powers unleashed during Orva's destruction.

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  13:30:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, Krash and I discussed this over on the Wizards boards early last year. Here's a little of that discussion, from George himself:-

"The sources state that Cormyr is the first human kingdom north of the Lake of Dragons, with Marsember being the first permanent settlement in those parts being founded in -74 DR, a century before Cormyr is founded as a kingdom proper.

The scant information we have on Orva is found in the adventure "Four From Cormyr" (p.75). This information does not tell us whether Orva was a human kingdom or something else. For continuity's sake and given what we know of the far greater extent of forests in and around the present day Inner Sea lands, it is likely that Orva was an elven satellite kingdom, similar to the realm of Iliphar Nelnueve which was founded in -205 DR. The fact that the elven deity Labelas was worshipped there is likely proof enough of this but by far the best material to suport this contention is the "The Cormyrean Marshes" booklet (p.32) from the "Elminster's Ecologies" boxed set. This talks extensively about ancient elven-looking ruins in the Vast Swamp.

The reference in "Four From Cormyr" talks about Orva having existed "two millenia ago" (i.e. c. -630 to -650 DR or so). This predates Iliphar's kingdom by several centuries. I note that the Vast Swamp borders the Hullack Forest. Within the Hullack Forest is Elfhold which is detailed in "Faiths & Pantheons". The Elfhold is linked with Iliphar and his house, Amaratharr.

My thoughts are that Orva existed from around the -600s DR for a couple of centuries. House Amaratharr was a part of that realm until the king (likely a "laranlor" in elvish which means a monarch of a realm not powerful enough to consider labelling himself a "coronal") exhibited the tyrannical traits and 'delusions of empire' that led to the realm's demise. They likely fled back to Cormanthyr and told the coronal at the time, Tannivh Irithyl, what was going on. Before the elves could react, Orva became a hell-blasted ruin. The High Mages sent to bring this vassal realm to heel undertook the clean up work to seal the gate/portal between the region and the Nine Hells and to do what they could to ward the sourrounding lands from the evils that were created in the cataclysm.

As a reward for their loyalty, House Amaratharr and Iliphar were eventually granted the woodlands of Lythtlorn (the elven name for the Wolf Woods or what is now Cormyr - see Dragon#276, p.79).

Which brings us back to the Thunder Peaks. Before Cormyr, the whole region would have nominally been claimed by the elves of Cormanthyr and their satellite vassal kingdoms such as Orva and Arnothoi (see FRCS [2E]: A Grand Tour of the Realms, p.58 and a recent reference in Paul Kemp's short story in 'Realms of War'). In truth however the Thunder Peaks has always been dragon country. It's a running joke among a few of us FR fans and scholars that there are more dragons per square mile in the Thunder Peaks than anywhere else in the Realms.

By far the most formidable is the dracolich Aurgloaroasa "the Sibilant Shade" (see "Dragons of Faerūn" and the older 2E "Cult of the Dragon" sourcebooks) but there have been a host of others, mostly red. A possible reason they all clustered in the Thunder Peaks is that they were driven off or feared the mighty dragon Thauglor, suzerain of the lands of Cormyr and beyond until his defeat by Iliphar in -205 DR.

So in conclusion, the answer is Cormanthyr or one of its satellite, vassal elven realms depending on what historical period you refer to, but it would definitely be a situation of "claiming" rather than actually having a presence there and "ruling"."

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  17:56:54  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use Chronepsis - a Draconic God - for my Faerūnian god of time. One of the few things I like about the 4e changes is that anyone (of any race) can worship any god. Some folks may be drawn to a certain deity more then others (ie, Elves and Corellon), but the 4e Gods are beyond 'mortal races', which is pretty much how I always saw it.

Hence, a draconic god being my all-purpose time god.

If I were to invent one, then I'd probably have to go with someone like a Kord/Hermes hybrid. A god who was about health, athletics, strength, and even medicine. Anyone who's job involved strenuous physical activity, including professional fighters (arena, Sumo, etc), would venerate him, as well as healers and chirurgeons.

The 'fitness' god.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 09 Jan 2009 17:59:17
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  18:17:18  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A LG goddess of reason and logic.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  18:20:58  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan
(Minor info in Complete Divine - never heard of her anywhere else.)

More info on Xan Yae? Not sure if I'm reading you right, but apparently there's information on her in the old 1980s Greyhawk sources.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Ifthir
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  18:34:24  Show Profile  Visit Ifthir's Homepage Send Ifthir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Actually, Krash and I discussed this over on the Wizards boards early last year. Here's a little of that discussion, from George himself:-

*snip*

As a reward for their loyalty, House Amaratharr and Iliphar were eventually granted the woodlands of Lythtlorn (the elven name for the Wolf Woods or what is now Cormyr - see Dragon#276, p.79).

At the risk of derailing the topic...on that same page, why does it say Shaundyl Berethyl "bristled with fury at having to surrender Lythlorn to bestial, unwashed humans".

Does that imply that House Berethyl also held this land, or was he a member of House Amaratharr?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  19:30:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

One of the few things I like about the 4e changes is that anyone (of any race) can worship any god.

Actually, with the exceptions of a few deities, that's always been the case -- it's just rare for someone to worship outside their pantheon.

Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  20:26:57  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I were to invent a deity it would be:

Qoe
Greater God

Alignment: Unaligned/True Neutral

Portfolios: Time, Psionics, Creation, Destruction, Void, Trickery, Secrets, Knowledge

Domains: Time, Crafting, Destruction, Creation, Psionics (a combination of Psionic powers), Trickery, Knowledge

Followers: Psionic users and creatures, timekeepers, philosophers, inventors

Dogma: Time is constant. Mighty and frail bow to it's will. Creation and destruction are shapers of the cosmos. Without each other they are meaningless. The power of the mind shapes all these to it's will. Use with caution for the Void claims all.

History/Clergy: Qoe is an alien god to be sure. No one knows when it arrived to Faerun, it's gender or race - if it even has one, or what it's intent is for Toril or the cosmos at large. In truth Qoe is a collective consciousness of psionists of all disciplines of an empire long forgotten to the cosmos to become one entity. In a sense, they choose to transcend their mortal coils to become something more perfect. In essence just a spirit or globe of light for example.

Qoe has no known allies or enemies and doesn't seem to impact anything directly. It keeps to itself for the most part content to let the other gods squabble over themselves and being ignored by all of them. It's singular objective is to learn more of the cosmos and keep it from being destroyed so it never stops learning. However, to the other gods it's intentions are unknown and mysterious, but since Qoe never moves against them - at least to their knowledge - they ignore it.

Qoe while a seeker of knowledge in the cosmos is whimsical in nature it also has a sense of humor, if not strange by most. Perhaps this is the left over consciousness of the beings that became Qoe or just it's curious nature. No one knows for certain except that it seems to enjoy trickery of all sorts.

It seems to not favor any particular race or people throughout Faerun, but has a greater concentration of worshipers in the Underdark, the Shining South, and Lake of Steam region. However, there are worshipers that dot across Faerun and Toril.

Qoe is by far the rarest deity in existence for it has both Paladins and Blackguards that serve in it's ranks. While there is no central authority of the church of Qoe this is possible and it does not seem to favor one over the other. But both seem to be very rare to grace Qoe's clergy for the most part. The clergy is known to have multi-class psionists/clerics to strengthen their power of the mind to a greater degree.

That would be the god I would invent for FR. This was partially inspired by various other posts on the boards. But I always thought their should be an active, powerful psionic god in Faerun since there was once a kingdom ruled by psionists, and with 3rd edition Realms the rise in psionic creatures would explain the existence of powerful entity out there. Which is why I put the prominent followers of Qoe's faith in the regions I stated above, since the majority of psionic users/creatures can be found in those locales.

~Ghost King~

Edited by - Ghost King on 10 Jan 2009 07:44:18
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  21:19:31  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work, Ghost King!

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  21:47:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Realms does have a deity of psionics... It's just that with the destruction of Jhaamdath and the overall dearth of psionicists (as compared to other groups and professions), he's now mostly (but not fully) dead. Auppenser is discussed in Lost Empires of Faerūn, and in Ed Bonny's replies here.

Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  21:56:05  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would invent...

Krashorge, demipower of consistency, fact-checking, internal logic and resolution of conundrum. Servant of Deneir and, by association, Oghma.

Alignment: Lawful Frustrated
Favored Weapon: Already-Written Tome
Domains: Knowledge, Law
History: Too many footnotes to list here.
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  21:57:58  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would add a neutrally aligned god of dreams, most likely a lesser or demigod who's asleep at the wheel so to speak. Though neutral, his followers can be of any alignment. Even though asleep himself, he grants his worshippers spells from his dream realm (which all mortals visit). Clerics pray before going to sleep and wake up with their spells replenished. Favored weapon would be a club, good for knocking people unconscious.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  23:04:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

One of the few things I like about the 4e changes is that anyone (of any race) can worship any god. Some folks may be drawn to a certain deity more then others (ie, Elves and Corellon), but the 4e Gods are beyond 'mortal races', which is pretty much how I always saw it.
Actually, as we've seen in some of the lore in 1e/2e/3e FR... most races have groups that have, on occasion, worshipped deities outside their more traditional racial pantheons.

Demihuman Deities notes several examples of humans worshipping dwarven deities and dwarves worshipping gnomish and elven deities for example.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  23:06:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ifthir

quote:

*snip*

At the risk of derailing the topic...on that same page, why does it say Shaundyl Berethyl "bristled with fury at having to surrender Lythlorn to bestial, unwashed humans".

Does that imply that House Berethyl also held this land, or was he a member of House Amaratharr?

I'll leave those for Krash. I've my own thoughts on it, but since it was his reply... I think it's best that he address those questions.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  23:09:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The Realms does have a deity of psionics... It's just that with the destruction of Jhaamdath and the overall dearth of psionicists (as compared to other groups and professions), he's now mostly (but not fully) dead. Auppenser is discussed in Lost Empires of Faerūn, and in Ed Bonny's replies here.

It's important to note that in the 3e Realms, there were signs that pointed to an imminent resurgence of faith in Auppenser within Faerūn.

Mystra appreciated that Auppenser's death would have had a dramatic impact on the Invisible Art on Toril. Thus, she ensured that he was sent into a long regenerative slumber [from which he is only now {in terms of 3e} beginning to wake] rather than fade completely. That move saved psionics from being permanently affected by Auppenser's absense.

AS well, some worshippers of Auppensur still exist. And while they're clearly not enough to fully restore Auppenser to a state of power similar to what he enjoyed before the fall of Jhaamdath... they are enough, along with Mystra's decision, to ensure he retains some measure of godly awareness.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  23:12:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

I would invent...

Krashorge, demipower of consistency, fact-checking, internal logic and resolution of conundrum. Servant of Deneir and, by association, Oghma.

I'm canonising this... at least in my Realms. I may model him slightly on the concept of Majere on Krynn.

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  23:44:03  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd create a new god of magic roughly based off Boccob.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2009 :  00:45:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

I would invent...

That is good! Particularly the alignment.

Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2009 :  00:50:57  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nerfed2Hell

I would add a neutrally aligned god of dreams, most likely a lesser or demigod who's asleep at the wheel so to speak.

I like this idea! I can sort of see Ulutiu waking up a little bit, taking on the portfolio of dreams, then going back to sleep.

and I haven't learned 4th Edition rules, but why would Mystra stay dead? Obviously she'd be resurrected again, with a new name like Mystran, a genderless neutral deity of magic.

And for Qoa the portfolios of destruction, secrets and knowledge are already taken by Talos, Shar, and Oghma. Void is pretty similar in nature to Shar too... I would maybe have Auppenser come back to life, but he'd be a demigod. I don't think there'd be enough psionicists to sustain a Greater deity.
Go to Top of Page

ErskineF
Learned Scribe

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2009 :  02:39:59  Show Profile  Visit ErskineF's Homepage Send ErskineF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does the Realms really need another god?

You already can't swing a cat without hitting one.

If I were going to create a new one, I would call him Neechee, and his portfolio would be deicide. ;)

--
Erskine Fincher
http://forgotten-realms.wandering-dwarf.com/index.php
Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2009 :  02:59:37  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ErskineF

Does the Realms really need another god?

You already can't swing a cat without hitting one.

If I were going to create a new one, I would call him Neechee, and his portfolio would be deicide. ;)

Agreed.

Edited by - Ghost King on 10 Jan 2009 03:06:18
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2009 :  06:13:12  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As to the Wooly and Sage's both ponting out to me "that was always the case" - I am aware of that. Its just that before, it was odd if you worshipped 'outside your race'. Now (or in the future, depending on how you look at it), anyone is free to worship whoever they want (just as always, but it wouldn't cause most folks to bat an eye).

@Krashorge - sorry, but the names got to go. I do indeed understand 100% the intent... but that just sounds like an Orcish deity to me. Literary gods should have more... soothing names.

How about Shoskra, or Shosk-Ra?

Krashorge just sounds too much like the Ogre god of blunt instruments.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 10 Jan 2009 17:33:28
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000