Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Underdark
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2003 :  13:13:15  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been reading through quite a few guidebooks about running adventures in the Underdark using drow characters, and have developed a taste for it. I plan to try out running such a game in the near future, anyone have any suggestions about the idea?

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2003 :  13:22:05  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You should get a copy of City of the Spider Queen, it's a campaign fo 10th level characters and that bring them to 18th level. You could also be interested by "Underdark" that will be released in a few weeks
Go to Top of Page

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2003 :  13:26:05  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been looking through some pretty good websites (none as good as this one) and still haven't managed to find some low-level modules for Drow characters. I'm starting to wonder: Is there any to be found?

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2003 :  13:40:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Plan ahead. The one thing I found when I ran my Underdark campaign many months ago, was that a lack of prepared material can be potentially worse for an Underdark campaign than the same type of campaign run on the surface. The other thing to remember is that the Underdark is limited in size, there are no dungeons, mountain holds, or deep forests of unknown danger here. Instead, with the right amount of planning and strategy you can have a selection of different areas that your party can explore.

Another thing to consider, try running something other than just a regular Drow based campaign. There is a lot to explore down there, and the Drow are just one part of the Underdark community. Although if you feel you need more, I suggest you consult the 3e FR adventure module City of the Spider Queen. It provides some interesting DM material for adventuring in the Underdark.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2003 :  13:43:08  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know where to find adventures that take place in the Underdark, i'll have to think about it. Anyway, if you didn't tried it check this site, there's a Drow section
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2003 :  13:55:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a link to a site that has some interesting general 2e AD&D fan-created adventures that also include several Drow modules. I can't remember which ones exactly, but you can probably tell which by most of the adventure titles.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000